Got the S-Trim Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the S-Trim Installed

It's on my 93 Lighting. I'm still waiting on parts to arrive so this was just a first fire to make sure all sounded well. Stock 351 short block, AFR Heads, HO ROller Cam, 1.7's, Longtubes, custom exhaust, Accufab 70mm Race TB, AKCO MAF Conversion, HPX slot meter, 42#(soon to be 80#) injectors, Zex Wet Kit, and now Vortech S-Trim powered as well. Tuned with a Quarterhorse, Binary Editor, and Innovate WB. I'll try to embed a quick cell phone video. This thing is so loud my ears hurt when I stand in front of it. Should easily get this brick into the 8's in the 1/8th.

Last edited by Diabolic; 07-13-2012, 08:00 AM.

I know they say the HO cam is a good upgrade for power but how will it effect the motor if you use it as a truck ? Do you think it would help when towing ? I have a 95 f4te Bronco I am doing the GT40 head/intake swap with and wonder if its worth it to change the cam or if it will hurt my low end and gas mileage as I use it to pull my car trailer .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Due to the wide LSA of the cam and not much overlap, the HO cam is a pretty decent poweradder cam. I can tell you that my truck lost exactly .2 in the 1/8th when swapping from the stock flat tapped to the HO cam. When I say lost I mean slowed down. I did pick up about 1.5mph, but the 60' slowed from a 1.9 to a 2.1 with zero wheelspin. I threw some 4.56's i the rear to fix the issue. 4.56's with a blower!

Comment

sure miss my old S-trim. You can hear those things from a distance at idle. lol funny thing is going down the track they get quite.

Comment

Badass !

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Love that sound!

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
              I know they say the HO cam is a good upgrade for power but how will it effect the motor if you use it as a truck ?

Not sure exactly how you'll use that motor as a truck, but good luck, lol.

My understanding is that you loose bottom end making the cam swap. Add that to the heavier truck\bronco chassis and I would think it will affect your pulling an mileage a fair amount.

Comment

I advanced the cam 4 degrees and with the 4.56's I have more low end tq than I can use on the street. Now with the S-Trim towing should just be stupid easy.

I use mine as a daily driver for my rental properties. It tows an 18' trailer to the dump and has even been known to pull a Bobcat on occasion. Never overheats, and is always reliable. I've run 8.7's on regular Toyo Proxies and I have a stock 1800 rpm stall converter.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                  Not sure exactly how you'll use that motor as a truck, but good luck, lol.

My understanding is that you loose bottom end making the cam swap. Add that to the heavier truck\bronco chassis and I would think it will affect your pulling an mileage a fair amount.
                  I ment I use it as a truck not a hot rod . This is what I figured . Mine already has a roller but it is the truck roller .
                  Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Ready to weld on bypas valve bungs, install brake booster check valve in PCV line, install HPX slot meter, then send it all out for powdercoating or Hydrographics. One last video with the pipes installed before I put her up for a few days.

Comment

What check valve are you using ? I need one for a different boosted SD setup .
                      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Just a cheap valve for a power brake booster in the HELP section.

Comment

Cool . I need one to put in line to the Map .
                          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

The fittings may be a little large for a MAP sensor.

Comment

Anyone know someone here in Arlington that can weld aluminum? I need 2 aluminum 1.5" pipes welded to 3.5" aluminum tube for my bypass valve, and I need my HPX slot meter flange welded to the 3.5" aluminum intake tube.

Comment

Working...
                              X