Pedestal Mount 1.7 Rockers with 1.6 Pedestal Mount Rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedestal Mount 1.7 Rockers with 1.6 Pedestal Mount Rockers

Installing the 1.7 Rockers on my Coupe, I know im suppost to run the 1.7 Rockers on the Intake side.

My question is are the stock rockers good enough to run on the exhaust side or should I get the Ford Motorsport 1.6 Pedelstel Mount rockers

Im also going to do the same setup on my 95 GT since I will have 8 1.7 Pedestal Mount Rockers left that are just sitting. So might as well get some use out of them

So is it better to run the stock Rockers on the Exhaust side or better to run 1.6 Pedestal Mount rockers on the the exhaust side of both these Mustangs
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

its been proven that 1.6 rockers alone are a waste. thats why many companies are making 1.6/1.7 kits so you can put 1.7 on hte exhaust side

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
      its been proven that 1.6 rockers alone are a waste. thats why many companies are making 1.6/1.7 kits so you can put 1.7 on hte exhaust side
      I thought the 1.7s went on the intake side & 1.6 Exhaust side?

Also I thought stock rockers where 1.6 ratio
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
        I thought the 1.7s went on the intake side & 1.6 Exhaust side?

Also I thought stock rockers where 1.6 ratio
        they are

Comment

1.7's typically go on the exhaust side to help with the exhaust which is the lower flowing port... it will open up your max lift by about .030" and increase the opening and closing rates but the effects will be minimal.
          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
            1.7's typically go on the exhaust side to help with the exhaust which is the lower flowing port... it will open up your max lift by about .030" and increase the opening and closing rates but the effects will be minimal.
            X2

You had it backwards seb. Just put all 1.7s and be done.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
              X2

You had it backwards seb. Just put all 1.7s and be done.
              Thanks Nick & Mike & Steve, I appreciate the heads up. I will put the stock rockers on the intake side
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Seb , most of the gains you see from a rocker swap from stockers is due to the reduction in heat and friction from the roller bearings in the after market rockers . You will see more power from using all 16 roller rockers then doing the 1.6/1.7 split . If you had some 1.6 rollers then I would do it but rocker split will yield less power with stockers on the intake side vs the 1.7 on both .
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                  Seb , most of the gains you see from a rocker swap from stockers is due to the reduction in heat and friction from the roller bearings in the after market rockers . You will see more power from using all 16 roller rockers then doing the 1.6/1.7 split . If you had some 1.6 rollers then I would do it but rocker split will yield less power with stockers on the intake side vs the 1.7 on both .
                  Ok so your saying only run aftermarket 1.7 Exhaust & Aftermarket 1.6 Intake to see any results in power & it reving easier
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

He is saying that the design of the aftermarket rockers is superior to the stamped stockers. So if you have a full set of 16 aftermarket ones, use all of them. They provide provide less friction.
                    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

OK in short the Bearings inside the aftermarket rockers are where the benfit is. Well im still scaping oil out of the top of the motor & from inside the pushrod holes. But Im thinking about pulling the lower intake to clean out from under there. Im just hope the bottem of the motor doesnt look as bad as the top of the heads.

I have both sizes in aftermarket rockers. gonna drive it with the 1.7s on the Exhaust & 1.6s on the Intake & then try it with all the 1.6s
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                      X