Wastegate on a Centrifical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wastegate on a Centrifical

Anyone here run a wastegate on their Centrifugal supercharger? Seems like it would be a great idea on the street. Pulley it for 20#'s, bypass at 15#'s and get into the boost way sooner. Just curious if anyone had any first hand experience.
    Last edited by Diabolic; 07-18-2012, 08:34 AM.

Turbopeople in NY did this about 8 years ago. It seemed to work just like you said. I'd contact them if you can get ahold of em and ask specifics, but it seems straight forward. The blower will be hotter with more boost, but they built a custom intercooler for it.

Comment

I have a big 4" core intercooler, and I'm considering Meth or an Air to Water intercooler.

Comment

I considered it when I was running the F1-a since the biggest blower pulley I could clear the valve cover was 4", I just opted to run 21-23#'s of boost instead.

Comment

Centrifugal.

Comment

pressure relief valve
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Centrifugal.
              Thanks! Fixed.

Comment

Yes you can do it.

Comment

I could do a custom ASP 9" 8 rib crank with an 8 rib 3.25 blower pulley to get about 50,000 RPMs@5000 RPM's. Blow off about 14+/- psi. Get into the boost range far sooner than without and a 8" crank and 3.12" blower pulley.

Comment

Working...
                  X