What diagnostic software do yall use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What diagnostic software do yall use?

I just ordered this obd2 adapter http://www.auto-tool-shop.com/images/elm327-3027.jpg and Im wondering what software to use. I read in another thread that theres an app called Torque that read codes and what not. Is Torque good enough for a professional or should I use some other software? Iv used autoenginuity before and liked it but Im not sure if I could get the software to work without their obd2 cable.

I use only Fords IDS since the fleet I work on is primarily Fords, if I bought one I would make sure it gives live data feedback and availability to monitor most if not all PID data.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

What gets on my nerves is when a obd-2 says "manufacturer specific powertrain code" . Ought to be illegal since they bothered to mandate obd-1 and obd-2 in the first place

Comment

Snap on 2500 and verus here

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          Software bro. Iv got a brick for old stuff. Im wanting to try out a laptop based program with an obd2 to usb cable. I was just wondering what programs were any good for a tech to use and not the shade tree code puller variety.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            Versus is a pretty badass just a little pricey, I have the Ethos at the house basically the same scan tool functions but no scope functions. It will show some wave patterns but some aren't in real time enough to show some faults.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
              Software bro. Iv got a brick for old stuff. Im wanting to try out a laptop based program with an obd2 to usb cable. I was just wondering what programs were any good for a tech to use and not the shade tree code puller variety.
              I can't remember any of the laptop based software some of the local guys are using. I attend most of the standard motor products training classes when there are in my area, and pertain to what I need, I know there are several variants talked about usually during the class and they all seem to be pretty good. I wish I could remember some of them.

Comment

Working...
              X