Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

I just picked up a 2011 4.8 silveraldo a couple of months ago and I'm wanting to put a borla muffler on it, just wandering if I should dump it at the axel, do a side
    exhaust or go to the rear bumper with it. I do pull boat (2000lbs)1-2 times a week. Let me know what you think is better!

Stacks through the bed.

Comment

Like this.

Ded

Comment

Lol I don't think so

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
          Like this.

Originally posted by got crawlers View Post
          Lol I don't think so
          But this one flows REALLLLLY well
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I bet that guy got a ticket 1 time for not having the exhaust exit the body and he did that to "show them"...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

At least you dont have AFM/DOD, if you plan on getting headers(and no cats) later, run it all the way out, if thats all you're every going to do to the exhaust, dump it.

Comment

dump it
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I'm planning on doing a full exhaust and tune once the warrenty runs out. Will I have any problems getting it to pass inspection with it being dumped?

Comment

Did you willingly buy the 4.8 knowing you were pulling a boat? The 4.8 does not have the DOD so dont worry about that, I wouldnt care about a warranty. It doesnt make enough power to hurt anything.
                    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Okay thanks, and yes buy the 4.8 to pull our boat, the dealership told me it would fine, I was going in expecting to get the 5.3 but they ran numbers and it was out so... I got the 4.8 and now I'm looking for more power lol

Comment

Get ready for the drone zone pulling a boat!

Comment

On borla's web site they say it has no drone, but that is also without a load on the motor.

Comment

Dumped will always have a drone. I regret dumping mine. lol.
                            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

I dont know that i ever had a car that didnt have a drone . Well once aftermarket exhaust was on anyways . Maybe im doing it wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X