Who bends/flares custom brake lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who bends/flares custom brake lines?

I was thinking some parts stores or hose companies locally would do this.

Was planning to bend up the mockup lines out of coat hanger, and have someone bend, flare them with ends, etc.

Thanks,

I always had Able Truck Supply in Plano do all my brake lines
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

The tools are cheap and then you will have them if you ever need to do them again.

Comment

I've never successfully double flared a line
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Did you have a problem with them leaking? Also did you use stainless or steel lines that you had trouble with? Stainless I hear is much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            I've never successfully double flared a line
            get a quality flare tool and you will be succesfull... Ive used the tool from autozone/oriellys before. Its not the best. I learned to leave a bit extra tube in case you mess up you still have material to work with

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
              The tools are cheap and then you will have them if you ever need to do them again.
              x2 buy a halfway decent one and it's really easy to do yourself.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am with Cooter, have never successfully double flared a brake line. Have tried with the cheap tools. I really was hoping to avoid spending $200+.

I will check with Able.

Comment

I have an otc flaring tool, it's not too bad, the first crimp seems to be the most important. I've so far always managed to be able to get mine to hold, but it's always been a repair on a customers car. I wouldn't want to use it to do an entire system with.

Comment

We did my entire car. Moved the brake lines to the inside of the car. Never had a problem with them leaking

Comment

Abels here too. Stainless steel and for awhile they carried colored SS hoses, the vinyl is color semi transperant color.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X