Installing new carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new carpet

You guys have any tips? Ive been noticing alot of heat coming inside from the engine bay. Should i lay some dynamat or something of that nature?
    .....bro....

Originally posted by A+ View Post
    You guys have any tips? Ive been noticing alot of heat coming inside from the engine bay. Should i lay some dynamat or something of that nature?
    What kind of car?

I did my fox body a few months back... it pretty much sucks because I was afraid to make any cuts! Didn't want to mess it up. Only hints I can think of are to lay it out in the sun for a few hours so its hot. Lets it mold alot easier. Other than that, lots of razor blades, and getting the seat bolts back through the carpet is a bitch. Then again, I cut little tiny holes. As far as dynamat, the only thing I wish I had done is dynamat the transmission tunnel.

Comment

There are spray on thermal barriers that are much more effective than dynamat. Lizardskin ceramic is one of them, but there others if you do some googling.

We have used some of their sounds barrier and it works great.
      Last edited by NoClassic; 07-17-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
        There are spray on thermal barriers that are much more effective than dynomat. Lizardskin ceramic is one of them, but there others if you do some googling.

We have used some of their sounds barrier and it works great.
        Interesting... I may end up looking into this for the back walls of the GT. The insulation in there has basically turned into dust. Damn foxbodies sound like pure shit on the highway... have to yell into the phone sometimes.

Comment

Foxbody. The noise doesn't bother me as much as the heat does.
          I don't want to make a big mess either or have my carpet stick to the floor if i use a sticky insulation. I was just thinking about using that tape
          Last edited by A+; 07-18-2012, 02:26 AM.
          .....bro....

Comment

I did dynamat in my '85, then laid the mass back carpet down from ACC. Made a pretty big difference in heat, but almost none in road noise.

Comment

Working...
            X