97 Chevy clutch line to slave connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Chevy clutch line to slave connection

Doing a clutch job on a 1500 V6 truck and I'm down to the clutch line/slave cylinder connection. I'm assuming going off of this video

there should be a sleeve inbetween the connectors but there isn't. There isn't enough room to slide an a/c style disconnect tool in to separate. Is there any other way besides carefully cutting the connector apart, ruining the slave cylinder?

If the white nylon piece is missing, then I'd cut/break the slave cylinder side off then slit them apart. I've had to do it this way before after a customer had been under the vehicle attempting to repair the connection. I hope you planned on replacing the slave anyway.

Comment

No decent way of doing it if that sleeve isn't there, look closely though, that thing can be hard to see. I too recommend cutting on the slave side. And yeah if you are doing a clutch job, a new slave cylinder is a must.

Comment

The bad part is that is has a brand new slave cylinder...

Can you buy just that sleeve? If so where?
        Last edited by 4EyedTurd; 07-18-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Salvage yard, peel it out of another truck

Comment

I need the white plastic clip that goes on the line as well. Dealer doesnt stock them and they come with a new line

Comment

I hit the junkyard and found a few late 90's S10's that were 5speeds. All the full size chevys were stripped. I got the hang of pulling lines and came home with 3 of the plastic bushings not sure how they'd do trying to cram them in. First one went in and did the job.

4king - If you still need one send me your address and I'll stick one in the mail.

Comment

Working...
              X