junk yard parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• junk yard parts

i am heading out tomorrow morning for a few odd and ends. while i am out, i would like to pick up a 3g alternator and an electric fan for my fox.
    the interwebz seems to have mixed info.
    which cars come with the 3g that i only have to clock the casing and its good to go? which fan is recommended? wasnt it a mark 8 fan but what years?

thanks

the 94 and 95 V8 mustangs. Also the v6 cars up to maybe 98 will work too. I use a fan from a 02 mustang.
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
      the 94 and 95 V8 mustangs. Also the v6 cars up to maybe 98 will work too. I use a fan from a 02 mustang.
      i have a fan from a new age mach 1 but it is 3 wired and didnt know if i could just wire up the 2, and fold the other back away. Wanna tag along?

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
        i have a fan from a new age mach 1 but it is 3 wired and didnt know if i could just wire up the 2, and fold the other back away. Wanna tag along?
        That's how mine is wired. Gotta work..
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

These cars have 3G 130A clocked at 12:00 and will require fox bracket notched:
          94-95 GT Mustang
          94-06 V6 Mustang
          94-97 3.8L Thunderbird **NON-S/C**
          94-97 V6 t-bird
          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
          '13 Dodge Cummins
          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

That's how mine is wired. Gotta work..
            i'll come to work with you, drop a mountain dew on the ground for no fucking reason. it will land just right and exploded launching it's deliciousness 40 feet away, saturating the back of your bosses pant legs and in result, get you sent home for the day. problem solved, more time for wrenchin'

refrencing my home depot shinanigans

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
              These cars have 3G 130A clocked at 12:00 and will require fox bracket notched:
              94-95 GT Mustang
              94-06 V6 Mustang
              94-97 3.8L Thunderbird **NON-S/C**
              94-97 V6 t-bird
              i saw some pics of the notching required and it doesnt seem like a whole lot has to be removed. however, my brackets are powder coated so if there was an option that doesnt require the bracket being notched, that would be ideal.

Comment

i saw some pics of the notching required and it doesnt seem like a whole lot has to be removed. however, my brackets are powder coated so if there was an option that doesnt require the bracket being notched, that would be ideal.
                You'll have to notch it for a 3G, it's all hidden by the alt anyway.
                '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                '13 Dodge Cummins
                '14 Rubicon X

Comment

You'll have to notch it for a 3G, it's all hidden by the alt anyway.
                  internet write ups talk about running 4gauge wire etc. will the factory harness work. I just have to unwrap and seperate the one wire and attach it to the smaller of the two harnesses and leave the other 2 wires alone in the other harness and use it as is?

Comment

internet write ups talk about running 4gauge wire etc. will the factory harness work. I just have to unwrap and seperate the one wire and attach it to the smaller of the two harnesses and leave the other 2 wires alone in the other harness and use it as is?
                    I used 4ga wire for years with zero issues, you do use the factory harness, you use one of the plugs then the other one gets cut and you'll use one of the 3 wires. In the morning I can take a pic of how mine is wired and post it.
                    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                    '13 Dodge Cummins
                    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I used 4ga wire for years with zero issues, you do use the factory harness, you use one of the plugs then the other one gets cut and you'll use one of the 3 wires. In the morning I can take a pic of how mine is wired and post it.
                      that would be cool. from what i read the wiring that is in there already is 10ga and the write up was saying to buy and run 4ga instead??? if you have personally done this. i would greatly appreciate your input

Comment

[QUOTE=TEAMJACOB;754791]i'll come to work with you, drop a mountain dew on the ground for no fucking reason. it will land just right and exploded launching it's deliciousness 40 feet away, saturating the back of your bosses pant legs and in result, get you sent home for the day. problem solved, more time for wrenchin'

Lol, I am the Boss..
                        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

that would be cool. from what i read the wiring that is in there already is 10ga and the write up was saying to buy and run 4ga instead??? if you have personally done this. i would greatly appreciate your input
                          On both of my cars I run a 4 gage wire from the alt. to the battery.
                          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

On both of my cars I run a 4 gage wire from the alt. to the battery.
                            to the starter solenoid would be fine as well right? my battery is in the trunk/

Comment

to the starter solenoid would be fine as well right? my battery is in the trunk/
                              Starter solenoid works too, the 4ga wire bolts to the back of the alt.
                              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                              '13 Dodge Cummins
                              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Working...
                              X