Ticking time bomb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticking time bomb...

So while I was under the car finishing up some things from the tranny install, I noticed my H pipe had been rubbing on a fuel hardline. Apparently the rivet holding the clip that holds the fuel line had worked its way loose over the years, and put a nice flat spot on my line.

There wasn't anything I could do right then, so I just parked it until today, which I took it to a shop to see about fixing the line. During the 3 mile drive, it went ahead and rubbed through to create a pinhole that, when pressurized, was spraying right into the joint flange on my H pipe.

I feel pretty lucky the damn thing didn't catch on fire. Sitting at the shop now waiting on parts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Which brings up another thought....

Why did ford run fuel lines right down the drive shaft tunnel by the exhaust instead of down the side of the car where the brake lines are ran?

Comment

It was a Ford conspiracy to see if they could kill off mustang owners
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post

Why did ford run fuel lines right down the drive shaft tunnel by the exhaust instead of down the side of the car where the brake lines are ran?

This is ford we're talking about here

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post

They moved them inboard so they would be less likely to rupture in a crash.

When everything is mounted properly the heat won't affect the lines. Your situation is unique in comparison to a stock vehicle.

Ford isn't to blame for this time bomb.

Comment

Working...
          X