2011-2013 owners, Tune or no Tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-2013 owners, Tune or no Tune?

I drove a 2012 V-6 Mustang with the BAMA 93 Street tune. I was AMAZED- I want this tune! But the warranty issue, does Ford REALLY void your drivetain warranty due to loading a tune?

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
    I drove a 2012 V-6 Mustang with the BAMA 93 Street tune. I was AMAZED- I want this tune! But the warranty issue, does Ford REALLY void your drivetain warranty due to loading a tune?
    Apparently the ECU records anytime that it has been flashed, and even if you go back to a stock tune the tech cab see this data. If you're not prepared to write the check when you blow up the motor, then don't mod it under warranty. Personally I'm not worried about a tune killing the motor, I haven't done it yet because I may end up going with a blower soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
      Apparently the ECU records anytime that it has been flashed, and even if you go back to a stock tune the tech cab see this data. If you're not prepared to write the check when you blow up the motor, then don't mod it under warranty. Personally I'm not worried about a tune killing the motor, I haven't done it yet because I may end up going with a blower soon.
      I've never wasted a factory engine. But I have had injector's, EGR valves, ECU's & other engine accessories go bad under warranty.

All I'm going to do to the car is 3.55 gears, BAMA tune and Magnaflow catback exhaust. Just hate loose the engine warranty over a tune.

I can't believe Ford left so much power & performance OFF the table with the lame factory tune.
      Last edited by white trash wagon; 07-22-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I know it's not exactley the same, and this was several years ago... on my2001 GT I had a blower installed and the A/C compressor bit the dust (probably 2 years after the blower install). It was covered under my factory warranty.

Comment

They can only deny a warranty claim if it is directly related to the mod. Sensors and such wouldn't be affected.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
            They can only deny a warranty claim if it is directly related to the mod. Sensors and such wouldn't be affected.
            Only problem is it becomes their word against yours. They can say that any part under the hood failed due to the tune, and it's up to YOU to prove otherwise...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
              They can deny a warranty if they don't like the color of your shoes. Then it's up to you to fight then legally.

I've tuned every vehicle I've owned. Fuck driving a warrantied turd
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I thought the Magnusson Moss warranty act was in place to prevent garbage like them voiding a warranty when they cannot unequivocally prove that said mod caused the failure. In that light, I also thought that the burden of proof fell on them to prove said failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  I thought the Magnusson Moss warranty act was in place to prevent garbage like them voiding a warranty when they cannot unequivocally prove that said mod caused the failure. In that light, I also thought that the burden of proof fell on them to prove said failure.
                  If your talking about a replacement part, like an air filter, or mufflers, you're correct. But a "tune" is not really a replacement part.

I've heard on the 5.0 cars, a tune can cause #8 cylinder to fail, as supposedly 5.0 cars are already on "the ragged edge" with a factory tune.

A Ford flow chart has been posted on here showing if an aftermarket tune is detected, then a "warranty void" is to be initiated.

Comment

If you're worried about it, don't do it. Period.

I've also seen a few modded / tuned / overrevved '11+ 5.0s replaced under warranty, so it's not like they deny everything, but it becomes a dealer discretion issue. If you have a friend at a dealer and think you can get away with it, then have fun.
                    Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    I've tuned every vehicle I've owned. Fuck driving a warrantied turd
                    I know, I hate how slow mine is...
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Well on the allfordmustangs site, many advise to pull fuse #47 to clear the memory of the adaptive shifting program. That did crisp up the throttle response & shifting.

But you have pull the fuse every few days, or always drive rather aggressively.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                        Well on the allfordmustangs site, many advise to pull fuse #47 to clear the memory of the adaptive shifting program. That did crisp up the throttle response & shifting.

But you have pull the fuse every few days, or always drive rather aggressively.
                        is this just for the sixers?
                        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                          is this just for the sixers?
                          Should be same for any 2011-2012 automatic. 2013's are different.

Comment

I've heard that Ford must prove that the tune caused the engine damage. The same applies to any mods.
                            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                              I've heard that Ford must prove that the tune caused the engine damage. The same applies to any mods.
                              Well, a burned piston or broken rings on #8 on 5.0 cars has been well documented, if you have a tune & snuffed #8, your hosed.

Comment

Working...
                              X