Fox suspension suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox suspension suggestions...

I found a few threads about this topic, but could not find a consistent suggestion.

its for my 87, which is my daily driver and my ride to dallas and little rock every weekend (600 miles). I do not care to spend 4k on the maximum motorsports package. I just want the car to ride and handle better on the street.

I saw lrs has the eibach pro kit for 800 dollars, which is what I would like to set my budget at. what is the best I can do in that range? I already have the maximum motorsports sub frame connectors.

here is the link to the kit on l r s.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

So.... do you want performance or a better ride? I'm confused. Sorry.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
      So.... do you want performance or a better ride? I'm confused. Sorry.
      Better ride... Which should automatically equate to SOME type of performance increase since the existing shit is 25 years old.

I don't care about racing, road course, etc. Just want it to ride better, handle better, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
        Better ride... Which should automatically equate to SOME type of performance increase since the existing shit is 25 years old.

I don't care about racing, road course, etc. Just want it to ride better, handle better, etc.

Give us a call....that's all we do is suspensions. Street....Strip.....or Track

Loran
        "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Sounds like you're better off replacing the worn old stock shit with OEM quality replacement parts.

The best bang for the buck in terms of feel will be OEM quality shocks, new rear control arm bushings, and rebuilding your driver's seat as weird as that sounds. Not to mention replacing whatever else is surely worn out.
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
            Sounds like you're better off replacing the worn old stock shit with OEM quality replacement parts.

The best bang for the buck in terms of feel will be OEM quality shocks, new rear control arm bushings, and rebuilding your driver's seat as weird as that sounds. Not to mention replacing whatever else is surely worn out.
            tubular k member and a arms, with coilovers up front made my car ride sooooo much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post

When you say OEM quality parts.... is that the autozone / orielly's offerings or something else? They seem to be big on Monroe, but Orielly's has some other brands too... Kinda confused.

Comment

Originally posted by tangstang View Post
                tubular k member and a arms, with coilovers up front made my car ride sooooo much better.
                I've heard from more than one person that coilovers made a big difference... what's involved in converting? Is there a kit that isn't an arm and a leg?

Comment

Just my opinion based on experience, but the best combo of performance, ride quality, and stance is Eibach Pro-kit springs, Tokico HP (blue) struts/shocks, Maximum Motorsport rear lower control arms, and plain old FMS upper control arms (which are just stock later model uppers).

Marcus
                  '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Best riding Fox I've ever been in (and handled) was my Saleen with Koni red shocks and struts. It had a g load brace, strut tower brace, bolt on subframes, eurathane bushings and eibach pro springs. Everything is prob less than 2 grand, but start with the shocks/struts and springs.

Comment

Ok so I'm still shopping around... and here is what I'm considering:

Local CHEAP Option:

Monroe Rear Shocks: $53.98
                      Monroe Front Struts: $87.98
                      Moog Coil Spring Set Front: $105.99
                      Moog Coil Spring Set Rear: $86.99
                      Polyurethane Spring Isolator Front: $31.99
                      Polyurethane Spring Isolator Rear: $26.99

TOTAL: $393.92

Pros: Don't have to wait for shipping, don't have to pay shipping, cheaper.
                      Cons: Won't last as long, performance? (I don't know since I can't compare the two...)

--------------------------------------------------

Non-Local (MM), Non-cheap (MM) option:

Tokico Premium Performance shocks & struts: $342.88
                      H&R Sport Springs: $239.00
                      Front Isolators: $26.95
                      Rear Isolators: $18.95
                      Caster Camber Plates: $209.97

TOTAL: $837.75

Pros: Higher quality? Last longer, lowers car a little
                      Cons: Expensive, shipping

-----------------------------

So what are your thoughts? The problem here, is that I've never ridden or driven in a car with either setup here... so I don't know if I'd even know the difference between the $400 vs $800 options. I don't want to spend $800 if I could have had the same thing for $400. Make sense?

Comment

I think it comes down to quality vs quantity.

Do you want to spend the money upfront and get parts that will last longer (Quality) or;
                        Spend the same amount over a period of time replacing the same parts that wore out because they were cheaper... (Quantity)
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Just a thought, if you don't mind lowering the car, why not get the $100 set of FRRP springs from LRS? That would save you $90 on the first option that could be put towards better shocks/struts... I would also recommend if you are going to do one better than the other to save money up front, spend it on the struts before the shocks as you won't need another alignment replacing the shocks like you will the struts.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Just placed my order. Talked to a guy at MM, he recommended the Koni Reds, and new spring isolators. So we will see how that turns out. Also added the solid steering shaft so I can ditch this damn rag joint!

Comment

Working...
                            X