Jerico transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerico transmission

Thinking on converting my mustang, which currently has a c4 trans, and installing a jerico 4 spd. anyone ever ran one of these, and are they a bitch to work with, about how often could i drive it on the street without worrying if im gonna tear it up. How much faster would the car go with a jerico, vs a well built c4. any information would help.

thanks

Originally posted by badass88gt View Post
    Thinking on converting my mustang, which currently has a c4 trans, and installing a jerico 4 spd. anyone ever ran one of these, and are they a bitch to work with, about how often could i drive it on the street without worrying if im gonna tear it up. How much faster would the car go with a jerico, vs a well built c4. any information would help.

thanks
    Is this a race car?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

yes

Comment

think i may have allready talked myself out of it

Comment

For all intents and purposes, yes.

Sent from my cellular portable phone device
          1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
          2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
          2000 F250 4x4 PSD
          2012 Ford Exploder
          www.fquick.com/payne5757
          www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Jericho? on the street? Seriously? I don't want one in my race car, let alone in a street car!

They are hard to break under 600hp but the rest of your driveline better be bullet proof due to what gets sent downstream. The noise is downright deafening too!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              Jericho? on the street? Seriously? I don't want one in my race car, let alone in a street car!

They are hard to break under 600hp but the rest of your driveline better be bullet proof due to what gets sent downstream. The noise is downright deafening too!
              saw that video of the corvette with a Jericho. I'd have to wear ear plugs to drive that thing.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

it won't make your car any faster, or any you could notice. The straight cut gears do free up power, however. The reason clutchless gearbox's make cars go faster is usually due to the slider clutch mounted in front of them. they aren't hard to work with, they are a bit bulky compared to some of the newer generation stuff, rankin, tex, g-force, etc.. The castings are copied from a ford top loader, so they look essentially the same, except for having a magnesium case.
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

GREAT for drag racing, stock class cars use them regularly. Terrible on the street. Ran one and loved it on the track.

Comment

I'm getting ready for all the cry babies on Facebook to start yelling how that isn't a "street car"......LOL !!!

Comment

Originally posted by badass88gt View Post

thanks
                      I have had one before. The shifter will not sit in stock location. They are offset to the right because the linkage is on the side of trans.
                      Last edited by dewayne6243; 07-26-2012, 09:47 AM.
                      Originally posted by The King
                      I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                        I'm getting ready for all the cry babies on Facebook to start yelling how that isn't a "street car"......LOL !!!
                        They already do!
                        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

lol, your rite arron, but i think im gonna stay with my c4 for now, still enjoy driving the car alot.

Comment

Working...
                          X