Foxbody Pro M Bullet Mass Air work on SN95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxbody Pro M Bullet Mass Air work on SN95

I have a 19lb Pro M Bullet Mass Air Meter laying in the garage & doing a Homemade Cold Air Kit for my SN95 Car & wanted to give my Fox Body Pro M Bullet a try.

But will it work or are the electronics different?
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Originally posted by SEB View Post
    I have a 19lb Pro M Bullet Mass Air Meter laying in the garage & doing a Homemade Cold Air Kit for my SN95 Car & wanted to give my Fox Body Pro M Bullet a try.

But will it work or are the electronics different?
    If its a 5.0 I bet it would work. People do a9l swaps on those sn95s.

Personally I would leave the intake system alone. Do a drop in K&N+a custom 93 octane tune.

There is little power to gain from a mass swap, and it could lead to drive-ability problems.
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
      If its a 5.0 I bet it would work. People do a9l swaps on those sn95s.

Personally I would leave the intake system alone. Do a drop in K&N+a custom 93 octane tune.

There is little power to gain from a mass swap, and it could lead to drive-ability problems.
      When you say Mass Swap. Are you referring to a A9L Swap. This is the Cold Air kit im building for it.http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/50.shtml I also have the BBK Fenderwell kit too. But I dont like the design of it.

Right now the car is running the stock air box modified for a conical filter opened up the airbox to the fender.

So do i stand to gain in power with running the Foxbody Sytle Pro M Mass Air Bullet?
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

When you say Mass Swap. Are you referring to a A9L Swap. This is the Cold Air kit im building for it.http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/50.shtml I also have the BBK Fenderwell kit too. But I dont like the design of it.

Right now the car is running the stock air box modified for a conical filter opened up the airbox to the fender.

So do i stand to gain in power with running the Foxbody Sytle Pro M Mass Air Bullet?
        Foxes have a 55mm maf they are a restriction. Sn95 5.0s come with a 70mm maf, which isn't a restriction.

Personally I would leave the system you have. Save your hard earned $$.
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I dont know if it will help with power but the fox mass air is the same electronics as 94-95. I used a fox one on mine for years before this motor. I still have the stock computer

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
            I dont know if it will help with power but the fox mass air is the same electronics as 94-95. I used a fox one on mine for years before this motor. I still have the stock computer
            Thanks. This is the answer I was looking for. I will give it a try & report back
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Seb doing this is really a waste of time. The 70mm MAF is plenty for what you have. Any hp gains will be from the leaner mix that will most likely occour. Since most gas contains up to 10% ethanol this can be a bad thing on 100+ degree Tx days. Use to be stoich for pump gas was about 14.64 but now with the Ethanol it can be as low as 14.2. Your ecm is still trying to target 14.7 so you are already running lean. Personally I would just use the air box from a 99-04 with a conical air filter and be done with it. Now you could swap it over to a Fox style tb and pick up 8-12hp but you will need a Fox style upper intake. You will sacrifice some tq below 3500 RPM doing so. You will need:
              Fox Cruise cable
              Fox tb
              Fox upper intake
              Fox TPS
              Fox IAC

Then you can run a Fox CAI like the JLT and it will be worth your while.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                Seb doing this is really a waste of time. The 70mm MAF is plenty for what you have. Any hp gains will be from the leaner mix that will most likely occour. Since most gas contains up to 10% ethanol this can be a bad thing on 100+ degree Tx days. Use to be stoich for pump gas was about 14.64 but now with the Ethanol it can be as low as 14.2. Your ecm is still trying to target 14.7 so you are already running lean. Personally I would just use the air box from a 99-04 with a conical air filter and be done with it. Now you could swap it over to a Fox style tb and pick up 8-12hp but you will need a Fox style upper intake. You will sacrifice some tq below 3500 RPM doing so. You will need:
                Fox Cruise cable
                Fox tb
                Fox upper intake
                Fox TPS
                Fox IAC

Then you can run a Fox CAI like the JLT and it will be worth your while.

Yeah I dont plan on keeping this car forever. Just want to play with a SN95 Body style, Just want to some get up & go! The car sounds good, But thats about it. Its SLOW
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I have a 95 Cobra with some get up and go. I reccomend:
                  10.5 comp 347
                  Vic Jr heads 60cc
                  TFS R intake
                  Fox 90mm tb
                  Comp Pro Mag RR's
                  90mm LMAF
                  Accufab 1-3/4 headers
                  3" exhaust
                  Custom cam with 230-245º of duration

Comment

I have a 95 Cobra with some get up and go. I reccomend:
                    10.5 comp 347
                    Vic Jr heads 60cc
                    TFS R intake
                    Fox 90mm tb
                    Comp Pro Mag RR's
                    90mm LMAF
                    Accufab 1-3/4 headers
                    3" exhaust
                    Custom cam with 230-245º of duration
                    great street build. quite the investment for someone not keeping the car very long. Id say if he wants a little more performance, install gears and longtubes. cheap and decent performance upgrades for short term ownership. Any other upgrades wont be cost effective or will require tearing down the top end.
                    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

You cannot put a price on having a good time. Buy used, install, then remove and reinstall old parts before selling. $200 in gaskets and 8 hours for months or years of fun is a pretty dang good deal to me! Plus if his SN ran like mine he wouldn't sell it. Mines a daily driver.

Comment

lol agree. Just going off him saying he doesn't plan on keeping it long and it all depends on how far he wants to tear into it.

Comment

i want to build mine with some get up and go but cant decide what to do to it. its a 95 auto with 3.73's and flows. my wife loves it becouse its auto but i want to convert it stick. i just want a lopey idle and 300 hp.

2003 f250
                          1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
                          1990 mustang gt 347 t56
                          1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
                          1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

H/c/i

Comment

You cannot put a price on having a good time. Buy used, install, then remove and reinstall old parts before selling. $200 in gaskets and 8 hours for months or years of fun is a pretty dang good deal to me! Plus if his SN ran like mine he wouldn't sell it. Mines a daily driver.
                              8 hours??? Shit, I know I suck at mechanic stuff but I can barely do a whole front end 5 lug swap in 8 hours... It took me that long to replace my struts, springs, spindles, brake rotors, and calipers. And I haven't even gotten to the master cylinder or booster yet, and that all has to get done before I can put the damn wheels back on the thing and get it off jack stands.

You sir are invited to my house to help work on my car, cause I am clearly worse than I thought.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X