BedLiner suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BedLiner suggestion

I got a ranch hand for the duramax to replace the trashed front bumper.
    It's gloss black and diamond plate. I'd like to get it rhinolined, but I'm sort of picky. I want a rough, flat black color, as opposed to a glossy slick black coating.
    From what I've read, Line-X is slick and glossy. I think Rhino brand is what I want, but I havnt found a deal in all of Houston. They're all 30 miles from me.

Does anyone know a brand that is rough like sand paper, and has a matte appearance?

Do most dealers offer this service? I'm surprised at how hard of a time I'm having finding a place in all of houston.
    I called 4 wheel parts and they quoted me.......$405 for a front bumper coating. WTF. The only other quote I got was $150, but it was glossy and slick. I had in my mind $100 being a steal, and $200 being my highest dollar.

I've really been considering rolling it on myself with a product from AutoZone.
    The bumper is off the truck.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Try Velox..

dangerous_sep sells this at his shop here in Dallas. You can ask him ?'s.

Experience unrivaled protection and superior craftsmanship with TOFF Bedliners, the trusted choice for premium spray on bedliners.

Comment

Seems most is all gloss finished at application and fades with time .

Comment

Day 2:
        Tried to call a place 4 times yesterday that is very close to work, and no one picked up. Finally the guy picked up today. Talked for a few minutes and he was going to call me back with a quote. That was 10am. Still haven't heard from the guy, and its about quitting time. Its a quote to spary a bumper... should be an easy deal.

It's hard to believe its so hard to give people money. I will drive over and hand him cash money TODAY and he simply won't return a phone call?
        Any people bitch about the economy.
        Last edited by HarrisonTX; 07-24-2012, 02:16 PM.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

find some Gator Guard. 1 kit should do a ranch hand bumper. Down side is , you're going to have to buy the gun to do it, but you should come out right at 100 bucks. Rough finish, about semi-flat black.

Comment

regular line-x will fade in time. Its the more grainy texture you are looking for. Rhinoliner is more rubber base and gets chalky colored. There is no way Id use Rhinoliner.

If you are willing to do it yourself, check out Al's Liner. You can use a regular Harbor freight texture gun that is $15 vs their gun.

Comment

You can get that type of coating finish with powder coating. Call burleson powdercoating
              One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
                find some Gator Guard. 1 kit should do a ranch hand bumper. Down side is , you're going to have to buy the gun to do it, but you should come out right at 100 bucks. Rough finish, about semi-flat black.
                X2, actually its gator guard 2 made by dominion sure seal. Very tough shit! Its an epoxy/urethane sprayed with a Schutz Gun. Super easy to apply, easy to repair and is permanent short or taking a chisel or grinder to it.

Comment

All good suggestions, and I'm all about doing work myself, but since I'm doing this internship in Houston I do not have the room for anything. Hell, even the bumper is sitting up at work. It sucks having a nice 60x40 shop wasting away in waco.

I'm just ready to get it done.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                  X