1996 Mustang GT stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Mustang GT stalling

Ok so i dont know much about mustangs but i just bought a 96 GT about 3 months ago and have sunk about 6 grand into it. Lately i have noticed if i try to start it after it sits a while it has a hard time starting and after turning the key 3 times it will start and it sounds like it has a cam before it finally starts idling normal. Once it is warmed up it runs great with no problems. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening. Im just tired of wasting money with these shops that are not fixing the problem..

Have you pulled any codes or data?

No initial start and key needing to be called sounds like fuel pump or with the rough idle you could have a injector bleeding down.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

IAC motor. Tap it with a wrench. If problem seems to go away, replace or clean IAC...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

it pulls up a code for a pinched fuel line and i took it to the shop and they said they couldnt find the problem, but it was doing that about a month before that code ever showed up. The dude who i bought the car from obviously has never replaced anything on the car so ive just been fixing problems as they arise but i dont think its a fuel injector because it does not do it after it idles for about a minute the problem goes away and when i start after i have driven the vehicle it does not do it. It only does it when the vehicle has sat for a while

Comment

Pinched fuel line? Maybe lean or low fuel pressure
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
          X