Aerospace brakes, or strange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerospace brakes, or strange?

looking to upgrade the front brakes on my mustang, which is the best way to go. Aerospace or strange, how much weight will i save, and how much e/t is expected to pick up from less rotational mass?

thanks

Minimal gains with doing just the fronts unless you have a problem with the front brakes dragging. I would address the junk rear drums before thinking about the fronts.

Comment

cool, thanks for the input

Comment

Either one will be good. Im a fan of strange

Comment

i got strange rears on my malibu best money spent
          81 LX
          82 GT

Comment

Wilwoods.
            One day at a time.

Comment

I have Aerospace on two cars, they work, but quality wise, the Strange are nicer.

Comment

I have stock front, strange rear at 138 had no problems"yet". Putting a chute on soon.

Those strange rears were so easy to put on BTW

Comment

ill be going with willwoods too

Comment

Go with the Strange over the Aerospace. I have pulled numerous Aerospace brakes off cars. They are bad about warping rotors and calipers sticking and wearing out the aluminum. Real expensive to rebuild, if they can rebuild them. I will never put a set of Aerospace on a car I own again.
                    JamesB Chassis is looking for a fabricator/general shop help, call or PM for info.

Comment

There are a lot of 3300lb foxes running in the 4's with aerospace pieces .

Comment

Originally posted by JamesB View Post
                        Go with the Strange over the Aerospace. I have pulled numerous Aerospace brakes off cars. They are bad about warping rotors and calipers sticking and wearing out the aluminum. Real expensive to rebuild, if they can rebuild them. I will never put a set of Aerospace on a car I own again.
                        ^^^ This, every word. After about 2-3 months of use on our shop car, the rotors are warped and hot spotted like crazy.

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                        There are a lot of 3300lb foxes running in the 4's with aerospace pieces .
                        The 3 sets I have installed the past 2 years, fitment was fucking terrible, had to send parts back 2-3 times on each car to get the hats, or brackets machined to fit. Not to mention their customer service is terrible and the guys there are total ass hats. Not saying their product doesnt work once you finally get it to fit, but the maintenance is to much.

Comment

have seen nothing but trouble from aerospace

Comment

Working...
                          X