thinking of parting my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of parting my car

anybody ever get stuck at a point where you dont know what to do?
    on one hand you have poured money into it and you dont want it to be for nothing, and on the other hand, you realize you dont have the money to keep pouring into a money pit. i already listed it for sale for way more than it will ever bring. sigh

Try owning a modified 94 gt!

Comment

Just find you a cheap daily driver. Work on th mustang when you can.
      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        Try owning a modified 94 gt!
        any pointers on that subject ?

Comment

My 98 is like that, third time the motor has given problems. It's been sitting more or less since Christmas eve. I've got way too much in it to sell, parting it would net me a decent return all things considered. I'll most likely pull the motor, see what's hurt, and make another go at it again I imagine.

Comment

Most mustang people never "finish" their car to a point of satisfaction. As soon as its done they fig
            ure out a way to keep throwing money at it. Get a daily and stay out of the garage for a few weeks.
            One day at a time.

Comment

I can promise you youll end up with another mustang later down the road if you sell it.
              One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by teamjacob View Post
                On one hand you have poured money into it and you dont want it to be for nothing, and on the other hand, you realize you dont have the money to keep pouring into a money pit. I already listed it for sale for way more than it will ever bring. Sigh
                link?

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                  any pointers on that subject ?
                  Nope, I just want him to try it!

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
                    link?
                    Lol. You'll only laugh cause I did when I made it. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                      on one hand you have poured money into it and you dont want it to be for nothing, and on the other hand, you realize you dont have the money to keep pouring into a money pit. i already listed it for sale for way more than it will ever bring. sigh
                      My 98gt was like that - when i realized i that the powertrain was bullshit and was like trying to make fat albert run track, i gave up. Everything on the car was obsolete and the aftermarket wasnt making parts any more since thy were focusing on the new.

The car hobby as a participant is a money pit.

As a spectator its far more efficient and i dont get bloody knuckles.

Comment

Spend 20 grand on it and then don't touch it for 5 years... Then complain. Lol

Comment

If you sell it, you WILL be sorry later.

Buy a daily driver.

or buy a race car.

Kept my first Hot Rod in a barn for years and then went back to it.

Ah, good times.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                            Spend 20 grand on it and then don't touch it for 5 years... Then complain. Lol
                            Been there done that, then parted it.

Ded

Comment

Working...
                            X