2000 gt stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 gt stalls

got a 2000 gt that i converted from vortech back to n/a. drove it around and all was good, but when its fully warmed up when i come to a stop or coast in neutral it dies. it runs really well other than that. it has full exhaust, 3.73 gears and has been flashed with sniper tune for n/a 93 octane. it almost seems like a vacuum leak or something but there isn't any leaks as far as i know, plus it only happens when warm. any suggestions?

Vacuum leak. Spray intake with carb cleaner

Comment

ok so it doesn't only happen when warm. i drove it about 20 miles last night without a hitch then today i went to drive home, and as soon as i got to the first stop light; it did it again. i changed the TPS because i tested the resistance, and it seemed to be erratic. it hasn't happened again yet, but i think the problem is still there. i'll check for leaks, and if i can't find any i think it might be the IAC. No CEL either.

and on a side note; fuck the engineer who thought it would be a good idea to put phillips head screws on the TPS!!

Comment

Mine did the same shit. I sprayed the MAF with some maf cleaner. Solved my problem.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
          ok so it doesn't only happen when warm. i drove it about 20 miles last night without a hitch then today i went to drive home, and as soon as i got to the first stop light; it did it again. i changed the TPS because i tested the resistance, and it seemed to be erratic. it hasn't happened again yet, but i think the problem is still there. i'll check for leaks, and if i can't find any i think it might be the IAC. No CEL either.

and on a side note; fuck the engineer who thought it would be a good idea to put phillips head screws on the TPS!!
          Buy better screw drivers and replace the IAC.
          The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
            Vacuum leak. Spray intake with carb cleaner
            Sprayed all vacuum lines, hoses, sensors, and where the intake meets with the heads, no change in idle. Idle has been fine so far after TPS replacement, but hesitates from as stop, or with a light rev. Might just be in the sniper tune.

Comment

Try a re-tune. Also my want to check fuel pressure.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Well went fine all day yesterday then i had a girl i was hanging out with drive us back from the bar, and of course, it stalls on her. She can drive stick pretty well so i know she didn't kill it.

Comment

Working...
                X