• Show
Clear All

should be 3
    00 TT gt
    634 @10psi

04 cobra
    560whp

Comment

still using the 65 balancer? ....father inlaw had same issue. 70s motor in his 90 fox, swapped over to t5 had same vibration til we match the balancer and flywheels up.
      Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Originally posted by thedriver33 View Post
        still using the 65 balancer? ....father inlaw had same issue. 70s motor in his 90 fox, swapped over to t5 had same vibration til we match the balancer and flywheels up.
        It's a new aftermarket balancer that I put on back in 2007 when I built the last motor. It is for a 28oz external balance as well.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Did you shorten the driveshaft when you installed the T5 ? If so who built and balanced it ? Last t5 I did in a 67 required a shorter driveshaft.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
            Did you shorten the driveshaft when you installed the T5 ? If so who built and balanced it ? Last t5 I did in a 67 required a shorter driveshaft.
            This wont matter if he is feeling it in neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
              The T5 conversions use the same driveshaft with a new shorter front yoke. The vibration is felt when sitting still so it is before the transmission.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Well the vibration is fixed. I started simple and just changed to a rubber mount first before tearing everything apart. After doing that my father in law and I went over everything while the car was on the lift. We found and fixed the following items.

1. Changed to rubber trans mount
                2. Parking brake lever was resting on exhaust so we bent it up to give an inch gap.
                3. Top starter bolt was not 100% tight (oops).

Not sure which of the 3 caused it... but it is fixed now.

The car now sounds and feels like it always has except I now have a really smooth shifting g force T5 ( Recently rebuilt by Noah-aka Slim). The 2.95 (old one was 2.78) 1st gear and the .59 OD gear really make the car a lot more fun to drive!
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                X