2008 Cobalt Transmission Flush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Cobalt Transmission Flush?

Have a buddy with a '08 Cobalt. He's talking about getting a transmission flush,but I've heard that this can cause more problems than it will fix. Car has around 88,000 miles on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

if it isn't slipping already it won't hurt anything but without a dipstick it would probably need to go to the dealership.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Doesn't slip any according to him. It's at the Chevy dealer now getting some engine work done. Had a burnt valve or some such. The dealership is recommending it...I just don't want him to get hosed on the deal. I think they want $150.

Comment

Sealed tranny doesn't need to be flushed till 100k unless he beats on it.
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawkins View Post
          Sealed tranny doesn't need to be flushed till 100k unless he beats on it.
          Roger that. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Did my wife's around 100K, only hard things were getting the little adapter off the trans where the filter goes and filling it was retarded without a dipstick. If I had to do it again I would pay the 150.
            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
            X