cooling issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling issue

The vehicle is a 72 c-10 with a rebuilt 350. I just installed a vintage air system last weekend which required removing the radiator. The temp was always rock solid before theinstall. I DO NOT have the compressor hooked up yet so there are no additional heat loads.......yet. it usually happens with the first startup after its cooled down completely. But it will get hot, all the way to the hot bar most of the time and then cool down to the normal level quickly. After that it stays fine 90% of the time. But sometimes itll creep up and then come right back down. The system was only empty for about 36 hours, not sure what it could be. Maybe a sticky t-stat, but it was fine before. That's what has me stumped.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Maybe air in the system from moving the radiator ?

Did you make sure you burped all the air out completely ?

Comment

I've driven it about 150 miles. That's what I thought at first, but I think that it would be burped out by now.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Sounds like the thermostat is lazy to open, replace it if you haven't already. Before installing the thermostat, fill the cooling system to the top of thermostat opening, install tstat, housing, and hose, finish filling. Makes getting air out of system easier.

Comment

Ok, I just picked up a thermostat. How much do i need to drain the radiator to replace the thermostat? Just below the thermostat housing??? Lol.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
            Ok, I just picked up a thermostat. How much do i need to drain the radiator to replace the thermostat? Just below the thermostat housing??? Lol.
            Yes,... i'd recommend putting fail safe t-stat in also.

Comment

You sure you didn't mess with a temp sensor?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

Originally posted by RCITNet View Post
                You sure you didn't mess with a temp sensor?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
                Yep...

This whole thing turned into quite the ordeal. Evidently the PO didn't put any anti seize on the bolt, it was pretty tight in the intake and broke off. So after finding a new intake (ez out broke) I'll have it on tomorrow. I'm hoping that it's the t-stat, lol. I'm just ready to get the truck back on the road.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Dremel tool diamond tip cutters will eat an ease out, usually take 2-4 of them and a lot of patience. What intake was it.

Comment

It was a factory aluminum one, my neighbor who is a GM guy, said it's probably off of a vette or camaro of that vintage. He had an older edelbrock performer that he gave me, that's going on tonight.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                    X