94 GMC Overheated & feels low on power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 GMC Overheated & feels low on power

Adrian was driving the truck & she says all the sudden all the Idiot lights come on & she looks at the temp on the truck & its at 260 degrees. Trucks dies & shuts off. She calls me & I come check it over & lower Radiator Hose has blown off. Not a drop of water in the Radiator.

I re attach the hose & put in 2 gallons of water & its still hasnt come up to the top of the Radiator. Im hoping I didnt blow the head gaskets. But i have a funny feeling they are blown

It feels like it lost half the power it had!
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

LOL see if water coming out of tailpipe. I did a 2.4 motor job about a year ago, when putting coolant in it thinking this things gotta be full, boss looks over and its pouring out the exhaust. Didn't even waste time trying to start that POS.

Comment

After living with nothing but women all my life, I wonder about the order of events as described. If the truck ran until it died, that dude was HOT and had been HOT for a bit. If it weren't for bright red warning lights, women would drive our shit into the ground. To most women, "maintenance" means putting gas in once in a while. LOL!

Comment

Head gaskets are probably blown and I would put good money on at least one being cracked. On top of that, the rings could have lost some of their spring, if it got hot enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          After living with nothing but women all my life, I wonder about the order of events as described. If the truck ran until it died, that dude was HOT and had been HOT for a bit. If it weren't for bright red warning lights, women would drive our shit into the ground. To most women, "maintenance" means putting gas in once in a while. LOL!
          Damn you have yours trained good if you can get her to put gas in the car. Mine has not put gas in her car since we got married 4 years ago.

Comment

I'd be more worried about the heads being cracked than the head gaskets. The Swirl Port TBI heads will crack nearly every time they get a little hot.

Comment

check your intake gaskets. mine blew when my 94 overheated
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Yeah that thing is probably done...

Comment

So much for your gas saver!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    So much for your gas saver!
                    I dunno about you but i've never considered a 94 gmc truck as a gas saver...

Comment

big heat opens up spark plug gaps, check there first.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                        I dunno about you but i've never considered a 94 gmc truck as a gas saver...
                        Lol, seb did.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                        X