yall redo a shifter boot-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yall redo a shifter boot-94

Well my shifter boot was old and gnarly . So i got a new one off ebay . Looks good genuine leather . Smells good too . SSSsssssnifff ahh love that smell

So i yanked the old boot off and glued the new one to that metal ring that holds the boot to the bezel . On my 94 .

But how can i get the ring to moun t to the bezel . All the tabs are broke . Some idiot had thhe car before me and broke all the tabs for the metal ring taht the boot is glued to . Before you say it not me . I was very careful . So anyway should i just glue it all together or something?

i even wnet so far as to buy another new shifter bezel off ebay . I open the package and the f***ing tabs are broke off on that one too . Not worht the money to mail it back

so what would you do to fix

sounds like you're fucked.

Comment

Buy a new one

Comment

Stop buying junk off of eBay?

Comment

might be hard to find one that doesnt have broke tabs they like to snap right off when you remove the ring

prolly cuz theyre melted onto the ring from the factoryso you gotta come up with your own way .
          Last edited by SMEGMA STENCH; 08-12-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
            might be hard to find one that doesnt have broke tabs they like to snap right off when you remove the ring
            Buy it new if you can. Then you shouldn't have that problem

Comment

I had the same problem on my 98. I ended up drilling a small hole on each side and countersinking two small screws from the top. Not the best option, but I plan on getting a bullit style ring and covering them.
              sigpic

Comment

Epoxy.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  Epoxy.
                  Epoxy worked great . would do again

Comment

Working...
                  X