No announcement yet.

Cooling System Questions and Help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling System Questions and Help.....

95 Cobra
    New Ford Racing wp, Griffen 2 row aluminum radiator, stock electric fan with new motor, fans come on at 190 low and 198 high.

Ok today I drained all the coolant, flushed the radiator and block as best as I could without removing the block plugs. I put it back together without a thermostat. It was 100 degrees outside. The car settles on 188 degrees with the ac off in stop and go traffic. Fan coming on at 180. If I let it idle for 5 mins it will drop to 180 degrees. I would seem a 192 thermostat would be absolutely ideal. With no thermostat at idle I get a 10 degree split in temp from upper to lower hose.

Now with the AC on and at idle it will maintain whatever temp it was at before it came to an idle condition. Everytime I pull away from a stop in 1st and 2nd the temp would slowly creep up and not fall back. I got it up to 220 after 20 mins of intentional stop and go starting in a neighborhood. Turn off the AC and it immediately begins to fall and within 10 mins of stop and go it's back to 188 degrees. Sooooooooooooo...........................

A pusher fan in front? New radiator? Check for exhaust gas in coolant? Wouldn't a blown head gasket cause it to overheat all the time and not just with the AC on? The new radiator in a stock replacement can be had for $150. Not sure what fan to buy as a pusher? This is the first summer with Vic Jr aluminum heads and RPM II intake. All else including the radiator and block have endured these summers in the past with cast iron heads without issue.

Did you remove the plug by the alternator and fill the system there then run car until thermostat opens so air will bleed out from the highest point in the system?

Comment

Oops. I thought it said 96. Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
      X