Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tires for my new 5.0, slicks or drag radials??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires for my new 5.0, slicks or drag radials??

bought some race stars for my new 13 5.0. was gonna order some rear tires today. I can't decide if i want full slicks or a mickey thompson drag radial. If radial do i get 295/55/15 or 275/60/15, or slick im thinking a 26/10.5/15, or possilbe a 26/12/15 old school m/t et street.

Want to make sure it bites hard at the track, i will be leaving off the bottle. Anyone have any ideas on what i should order...

thanks
    adam

will those tires hit the street with regularity?

I had the new NT05 DR on my '11 and it did quite well, cut a couple 1.84 60's on motor and with 28PSI in them.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Im picking up a set of 265/40/18 MT's on stock rims. People are running 1.5's with em. I also have full bolt ons, lca's relocation brackets ect, and 3.73's.
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Cut regular 1.7x's and a few high 1.6x's with my MT ET Street II's (295/45-17s). Didn't do much street driving with them, but what little I did, they seemed to do pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
          Cut regular 1.7x's and a few high 1.6x's with my MT ET Street II's (295/45-17s). Didn't do much street driving with them, but what little I did, they seemed to do pretty good.
          I have put about 800+ street miles on those tires. Still going strong! Hey I got a wet kit for your car you need!!!!!!! Make you a good deal on it!!

Comment

what tranny do you have?

if manual, get the et street slick

if auto, get the drag radial

you can thank me later

Comment

What gear and the type of power you expect to make is really critical in the size and type of tire you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by strokn88lx View Post
                I have put about 800+ street miles on those tires. Still going strong! Hey I got a wet kit for your car you need!!!!!!! Make you a good deal on it!!
                Yur car looks absolutely sick with those wheels!
                Detailing by Dylan
                817-494-3396
                Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

I imagine Adam will be hitting you up on the wet kit.

Sent from my cellular portable phone device
                  1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
                  2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
                  2000 F250 4x4 PSD
                  2012 Ford Exploder
                  www.fquick.com/payne5757
                  www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                    Yur car looks absolutely sick with those wheels!
                    Thanx!!!! I got a really good deal on them so had to jump on them. Yea o have talked with Adam for the kit. Just needing it gone fast. I got a lot parts to buy.

Comment

I saw it man, but no juice for this car. All blown, all the time is the only way to go!

Comment

And back to the point. Sorry for kinda derailing ur thread, but I have mt radials and they are great. I drive everywhere on them and they do awesome.

Comment

Thanx!!!! I got a really good deal on them so had to jump on them. Yea o have talked with Adam for the kit. Just needing it gone fast. I got a lot parts to buy.
                          PM me details on the kit please.
                          Detailing by Dylan
                          817-494-3396
                          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

It's in the classifieds. Call me. Number is here to.

Comment

420HP HOPEFULLY ON MOTOR, PLAN ON SPRAYING 125 TO 150 HP, STICK CAR WITH 373 GEARS. lEANING MORE TOWARD THE SLICKS, UNLESS SOMEONE TELLS ME THEY HAVE RUN IN THE 1.5'S WITH A 295/55/15 MT DRAG RADIAL.

Comment

Working...
                              X