Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did a Compression Test, You tell me whats next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a Compression Test, You tell me whats next?

Ok so with all the problems my car has been having a went ahead and did a comp test on it last night with a buddy and a case or cold beer. Here is what I got:
    1-120
    2-120
    3-130
    4-125
    5-105
    6-122
    7-105
    8-115
    So what does this mean and what do yall think?
    That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Where all plugs removed and throttle held wide open? But it looks you have two cylinders getting a little weak. Put a little Trans fluid in every cylinder and retest to see of it improves. If it does you have weak rings
    89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

No I did a plug at a time and did not know to have the throttle held open.

How much tranny fluid do I put in each cylinder? Do I put this amount it every cylinder at the begining of the test or in each on right before I do that cylinder?
      That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Comment

Would these Numbers explain the other symptoms the car is giving me in my other thread?

There is no smoke of any kind. With ring wear isn't smoke a guaranty?

Comment

Honestly, I am not seeing too much reason for concern. Nothing there that should cause driveability issues.

Comment

What are Numbers on a stock healthy 94 5.0?

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_SHANE View Post
              What are Numbers on a stock healthy 94 5.0?
              Usually around 150, give or take 10 PSI, but that is doing the test with all plugs out of the throttle wide open. Minimum should be 90 or so. Your two 105 PSI cylinders are getting a touch weak, so you might lose a few HP, but it won't cause the issues you are having.

Comment

So no blown HG's?

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_SHANE View Post
                  So no blown HG's?
                  Highly unlikely. I usually see 70 and lower on a blown HG.

Comment

To me it sounds like you need to start from sqaure one.

Set base timing to 10 degree's, clean aic, do the correct idle set procedure, clean the mass air flow with the stuff they sell at parts stores. Leave the battery unplugged over night. Hook it all back up and drive.

Check for vaccum leaks.

Does it do it cold or does it wait until its warmed up.

Comment

It does it at all time.

The car does have a Hyper Chip according to the guy I got it from, but other then that it is 100% stock. I will look at the timing and check for Vaccum Leaks tomorrow night when I get in.

It has great power in throttle. I mean it will blow the tires off easily if you pop the clutch and even bark 2nd gear if you are driving hard.

Comment

Pull the stupid chip out. It doesn't need that shit if its stock.

Comment

The radiator needs to be flushed bad. Its probably just really broken down coolant that rusted the coolant passages. Sounds like you need a tinge up at least.new plus, wires, cap and rotor, remove iac and clean it. Clean the throttle body and see where that gets ya.

After that if it doesn't fix it then start checking other shit. Also these cars are bad about the pcv valve popping out.check the grommet and make sure it has the screen under the valve. Both of which can be bought new at auto zone.
                          89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Working...
                          X