this is what my gauge cluster is doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is what my gauge cluster is doing

i have swaped out gauge clusters 2 times, along with 2 diffrent instrument cluster regulators, i just pulled the dash and made sure all my grounds were right and they are, i honestly dont know what else it could be, its not the alternator because the car starts up perfect everytime (except for the time in the vid cause i wasnt ready to start it and hold the camera) and the battery keeps its charge everytime i measure it
    (click the pic for the vid)

Last edited by bonnie&clyde; 12-29-2010, 09:56 PM.

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Have you had the alternator checked? The car will still start with the alternator going out. My cobra had alternator issues and it would still start right up but the battery light would come on intermittently. I had it checked and it wasnt putting out the right amount of voltage.

Comment

no i havent had it checked, but when i check the battery with the volt meter it reads the same before and after i start the car

edit: sorry i meant after starting it and turning the car off
      Last edited by bonnie&clyde; 12-29-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
        no i havent had it checked, but when i check the battery with the volt meter it reads the same before and after i start the car
        Shouldn't the voltage be higher while the car is running? I was thinking the voltage was somewhere around 12.4x volts not running and 14.x running.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Well there is your problem.

12v before starting and atleast 14v when running.

Comment

let me go check right now, i never tested the volts when the car was running. brb

Comment

ok before starting the car i got 12.78 then when i started it the volts went up and down from 13.36 to 12.8something and back and forth

Comment

Alternator on the way out.

Comment

damn its a brand new alt too, i hope its still under warranty

Comment

could it be the underdrive pullies?? the one on the 200amp 3g alternator is stock but crank is UD

Comment

Internal regulator going bad or loose connections/ground on the alt? I always ground the case of the alt to the battery ground terminal with a wire for shits and giggles, figure you can never have too many grounds.

Stevo
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        Internal regulator going bad or loose connections/ground on the alt? I always ground the case of the alt to the battery ground terminal with a wire for shits and giggles, figure you can never have too many grounds.

Stevo
                        hmmmm let me go try this right now

Comment

could it be the underdrive pullies?? the one on the 200amp 3g alternator is stock but crank is UD

Hmm, maybe. You will have to check the voltage while revving the engine up. Have you checked the gauge issue with the engine revved up to where it should be make a charge with the UD pulley?

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                            Hmm, maybe. You will have to check the voltage while revving the engine up. Have you checked the gauge issue with the engine revved up to where it should be make a charge with the UD pulley?

Stevo
                            no have not, let me go try it now

Comment

ok turn the car on get a variable of volts from 12.7-13something, give it some rev and i get 14.56 no matter how high i rev it, it doesnt pass 14.56 but once i let go of the gas it drops back to 12.7-13something volts

Comment

Working...
                              X