Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had problems with push in temperature probes in their radiators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had problems with push in temperature probes in their radiators?

The reason I ask is because my last experience with one (a flex-a-lite on my F100) caused my aluminum rad to start leaking at the spot after a few years. Anyone else have this problem or any possible solutions? I'm about to install another one on my jeep and I'm a little apprehensive.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Take your time pushing it in. I've put 3 through my radiator with out a problem. Try to get as close to the edge as possible, the holes seem to be a bit bigger.
    Street car.

Comment

Did you already buy the controller? There are a few out there that use a thread in probe.

Comment

no place to put a real temp probe in like this?

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          Did you already buy the controller? There are a few out there that use a thread in probe.
          Yeah I already have the controller.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I run a hayden controller from oreillys, its adjustable, has provisions for a/c fan engagement, etc. I use it as a trigger for a heavy duty relay on my tauras fan setup on my old brick.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              I run a hayden controller from oreillys, its adjustable, has provisions for a/c fan engagement, etc. I use it as a trigger for a heavy duty relay on my tauras fan setup on my old brick.
              Have used the same controller few times with good results.

Comment

Working...
              X