Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical guys: any way to find out how much power my camper will need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want an inverter style, but I dont know if it is in the budget this year. Maybe next, who knows.

Im thinking this one might work, pending a load test, 68db and a decent waranty, and with good reviews. The remote electric start is kinda cool too..
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...8019_200458019
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Update: I got the camper delivered, and got the battery all charged up. The a/c unit has been replaced sometime in the last 2 years, along with the fridge. The fridge is a small electric only unit. It has a microwave also, I havent tried it yet.

Everything works off the battery otherwise, lights, water pump, I assume the water heater and fan for the cabin heater are all battery as well. I bought a 15amp conversion plug adaptor and plugged it into an extension cord to the wall. The fridge and A/C both come on and get cold, no braker blown on the 15amp circuit. Is this thing really that power efficient?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Pics of Camper?

Im selling my 95 5th Wheel here pretty soon, Just finished remodeling it & put in a 10 gallon Hot Water Heater along with new carpet & new Curtains
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
          Pics of Camper?

Im selling my 95 5th Wheel here pretty soon, Just finished remodeling it & put in a 10 gallon Hot Water Heater along with new carpet & new Curtains
          I'll have to take a few.

Comment

I have 28ft 5th wheel with 1 ac and microwave and it runs on 4k Honda RV generator I put on extended bumper I built on the rear and hung 19g tank in the front by the LP tanks.

Also it is for sale just needs registration.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
              I have 28ft 5th wheel with 1 ac and microwave and it runs on 4k Honda RV generator I put on extended bumper I built on the rear and hung 19g tank in the front by the LP tanks.

Also it is for sale just needs registration.
              How does the fuel get from the front to the back?

Comment

I ran 3/8 fule line and added a 12v pump from autozone. I put the tank up front so the filler neck comes up in the LP storage area. The tank is from a 94 f100 rear tank and mounted a gauge inside with the panel that that has the hr meter and start switch.

I tried a 3500 what that claimed it was a RV generator with a 30a plug but everytime the AC compressor kicked in it tripped the breaker.

Comment

Working...
                X