Front seat bolt came loose on 92 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front seat bolt came loose on 92 Coupe

One of the front seat bolts came loose on my 92 coupe. Any suggestions on repairing or replacing the bolt? I can't get my hand in there to get the bolt through the hole and put the screw on.

Just weld it down

Comment

I've had the front seats out of my coupe many times and cannot recall ever having problems not being able to access any of the bolts. Can you not slide the seat all the way forward or backward to get to it?

Comment

The front bolt is part of the floorboard, only the nut comes off.
        If the bolt is loose your floorboard is cracked/torn/rusted out. Weld it back together or replace the floorboards.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
        I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

Yep, typical fox problem. It happens to all of them. Like it was suggested just weld a new stud in there.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Or go buy a bolt and some varying sized washers! Oh, and loctite!

Comment

I've been trying to get the bolt in the hole, the problem is I can't get my hand far enough in to start the bolt. I think once the bolt is in place I should be able to tighten the nut. Any suggestions on how to get the bolt started?

Will JBL Weld work?

Comment

Originally posted by mustvid View Post
                I've been trying to get the bolt in the hole, the problem is I can't get my hand far enough in to start the bolt. I think once the bolt is in place I should be able to tighten the nut. Any suggestions on how to get the bolt started?

Will JBL Weld work?
                eek. don't JBWeld it.

when we were doing police car installs and had to keep breaking out the front seat bolts, we just got a box of replacements at grainger and used some good flat washers with it. it took a 2lb sledge and some good sized punches to get the old ones out.. but its completely possible

can't you slide the seat to give you a better attack angle?

Comment

How do weld a new stud in when it is inside the seat rail?

Comment

The stud should be in the floorboard and the seat over it.
                    Street car.

Comment

Where there's a welder, there's a way.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just use a ratchet strap around your waist and the seat.
                        07 GT500
                        05 SRT10
                        88 turbocoupe T-bird
                        93 Cobra
                        86 coupe
                        Ducati 848

Comment

If you have to, remove th seat. It takes ten minutes. I've had the stud come up with the bolt since the stud threads in as well. If this is what you are describing and need more room, remove the seat and thread the bolt back in it

Comment

On my coupe the stud ripped out so we welded plate and stud to floor. Stronger than factory now lol. I don't ever need to worry about it again. Do it right and call it a day. But good luck bud.

Comment

I was able to get a different bolt in and tightened so I'm good to go. The stud was tack welded and the weld broke.

Comment

Working...
                              X