Lincoln brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln brakes

Found a complete set of Lincoln brakes for the front of my car.. With the rotors be much larger then the stock rotor will I have an issue with wheels clearance on the front. I found a new set of Lincoln rotors calipers pads and bearing with a used brake booster for 150. I'm trying to replace the 4 cylinder brakes on the front of my car

You WILL restrict yourself in the wheel department. The bearing hub area is the issue.
    The only factory Mustang 5 lug wheels you will bolt on without clearance issues are the 95 Cobra R style and the 94-97 Cobra. These bolt on without clearance issues and the cap can be used. Just about everything else out there will require a spacer, or some grinding (to the wheel or the hub).

I have to suggest that you save your money and time and step directly up to a 94-95 spindle/brake setup.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
      You WILL restrict yourself in the wheel department. The bearing hub area is the issue.
      The only factory Mustang 5 lug wheels you will bolt on without clearance issues are the 95 Cobra R style and the 94-97 Cobra. These bolt on without clearance issues and the cap can be used. Just about everything else out there will require a spacer, or some grinding (to the wheel or the hub).

I have to suggest that you save your money and time and step directly up to a 94-95 spindle/brake setup.
      Dont forget tribars, the best wheel to ever come on a mustang.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post

...for me to poop on.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          I believe you have issues with the cap on the tribars.

Comment

I'm running front runners convo pros with this set up 4 lug. Should I still have clearance issues

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
              I believe you have issues with the cap on the tribars.
              You believe wrong, sir.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No cap issues on the tri bar, have 2 in my garage along with a set of MK VII rotors in good shape and calipers with good pads if you are interested. The TriBars have the cover/cap that goes over the whole lug nut area like the old Pony wheels.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

If you are running the 4cyl spindles you can't use the Mark VII stuff. You need Ranger rotors. Problem there is you are still running 10" brakes.

You will need to upgrade to V8 spindles or get the Mark VII spindles with the brakes.

BUT... for the $150 you are spending, just go with SN95 spindles and brakes.

Comment

Well color me wrong.

Comment

Waffle ponies fit with no issues either.

Comment

Are the 4 banger spindles and v8 spindles different from each other

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
                          Are the 4 banger spindles and v8 spindles different from each other
                          Yes. So are the struts.

And if you want to get technical, so are the lower A-arms and K-member. But dont worry about those.

Comment

With the 94/95 spindles and stuff will my coil over strut work..

Comment

Working...
                            X