need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

i have a 1985 gt i want to change the master cylinder and brake booster to a later on i have a smaller brakebooster and master cylinder. but on the one that came off the car it only has two llines in for the brake fluid and the newer one has three two on the side and one on the bottom..what can it do to use the later model .....

You will have to do the 3-2 port conversion. Several places sell a kit -Maximum Motorsports being one - or you can piece one together from fittings found in your hardware store or autoparts place.

Be aware that the later model MC that you have uses metric threads and the stock MC in your '85 uses standard threads. You will have to adapt this also or bend new lines with the correct fitting on each end.

There is a lot of information on the net on this upgrade but it is pointless (and will likely adversely affect your braking) unless you are putting rear disc brakes on - and larger front brakes - at the same time.

The links that I had saved are not working right now. Here is a thread I found that has some information for you.

Comment

hey man thanks alot..do you think it would be worth it i still have drums on the back

Comment

Originally posted by droyal3001 View Post
        hey man thanks alot..do you think it would be worth it i still have drums on the back
        No. Complete waste of your time and money. It is not an upgrade over what you already have. Save this step for when you convert to bigger brakes all around or go to rear disks. Then use the correct MC to go with your braking combination. Again, there is a ton of information out there on brake upgrades for fox body mustangs.

Comment

thank man....can i hit you up if i have any other questions

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Working...
            X