85 cluster issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 cluster issues

79-86 clusters, are they tempermental? The tach on it is sporatic, and the speedo is inaccurate. From what I understand is that it is a new speedo cable. I was also told that the tach might be doing this due to the car having MSD ignition?? All other gauges work great.

I can show you how to pull the cluster and test the tach . The one in my capri works fine on stock ignition but does the same thing as the blue car with the msd . If you buy a tach adapter it will work fine . It has to do with the multiple spark signal and the stock tack doesn't understand it . As for the speedo you can pull the cable off and run it with a drill to make sure it works smooth . If it does then its the addapter at the trans or the gear on the end of the cable not meshing with the one in the tranny . We will help you work it all out but I still hate you for stealing the car .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

you got yourself a good ride! Jim's a good guy he will help you with anything you need!

Comment

yeah tanner.....i had this nice 82 roller over here wait for you....j/k

Comment

He got my old ride as for the speedo I'm pretty sure it's toast the cable and gear are both new and when you drive with the windows up you can hear it faintly I drove the car without the cluster on and the cable spins just fine but with the cluster on the needle bounces.

And you need an MSD TACH ADAPTER to fix the tach problem.

If your a cool guy you'll sell that damn Xbox and buy a 140mph four eye speedo

How's she treating you other than that

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

I have a new in the box msd tach adapter for sale..........cheap

Comment

the amp gauge in my 85 doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone know what's up with that? Not to highjack this thread or anything, but I haven't had time to look into it and thought maybe someone would know where to start.
              -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                He got my old ride as for the speedo I'm pretty sure it's toast the cable and gear are both new and when you drive with the windows up you can hear it faintly I drove the car without the cluster on and the cable spins just fine but with the cluster on the needle bounces.

And you need an MSD TACH ADAPTER to fix the tach problem.

If your a cool guy you'll sell that damn Xbox and buy a 140mph four eye speedo

How's she treating you other than that
                Oh like hell im selling my xbox! Shes treating pretty good. Nice ride. I just need to pick up sick's adapter, and find a fix for the speedo. O, and the hatch is driving me nuts! It missing the weatherstriping and the bumpers?

Comment

nah they are there but they are 25 years old.

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X