Oil leak, rear lower intake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
    After the blade is a vacuum source, before is not. There is no need to have to vacuum lines running to the crankcase. The pcv line is plenty sufficient to evac at idle. Before the blade it will still evac under wot.

Since I'm using stock valve covers I had to cut the baffle out. So wouldn't that cause excessive oil burn from oil splashing up the fill tube?

How about adding a oil catch can? They're cheap.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      Since I'm using stock valve covers I had to cut the baffle out. So wouldn't that cause excessive oil burn from oil splashing up the fill tube?

How about adding a oil catch can? They're cheap.
      Is try it without the can first, if you get a little oil smoke then yeah add a cheap can. And not water seperator from Lowe's.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
        The air it's pulling has already been metered. I have literally dozens of hours datalogged in my cobra and noted no change in part throttle nor wot AFR changes when moving the hose to the rear of the tb. No change in the LTFT's. Just my personal experience here.
        Are you connecting the crankcase vent line to vacuum source. I understand the part about it being metered air, my concern with having a pcv valve connected to vacuum and the crank vent connected to vacuum with out some sort of a regulator is that excessive vacuum pulled in the crankcase would have a possible problem with sucking seals or gaskets in. Similar to excessive blow by / crankcase pressure blowing seals and gaskets out.

Comment

Fuck running a PCV.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
            Fuck running a PCV.
            depending upon the application, I couldn't agree with you more. For a street car, I get tired of the crank vapor odor produced without one and running open breathers.

Comment

I have a 5/8 line hooked to each valve cover, both run to a catch can with a breather on top od the can, then a small 3/8 hose run from the top of the breather to the tip of the air cleaner just to suck and steam that might show its face out of the breather. Thus far 0 issues and I have done this to more then one car and not a single issue with those cars.

A vacuum pump is ideal but not always accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                I have a 5/8 line hooked to each valve cover, both run to a catch can with a breather on top od the can, then a small 3/8 hose run from the top of the breather to the tip of the air cleaner just to suck and steam that might show its face out of the breather. Thus far 0 issues and I have done this to more then one car and not a single issue with those cars.

A vacuum pump is ideal but not always accessible.
                Sounds like a simple clean setup.

Comment

Working...
                X