Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are your thoughts on this 93 mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are your thoughts on this 93 mustang?

The car is a 1993 Ford Mustang Foxbody, Notchback, I have owned the car for about 6 years now. The reason for selling the car is i am in the military and will be moving to much in the next 3 years for various training and schooling. Here is a list of some of the modifications. The pictures show with the stock hood, the car now has a 2" cervini's cowl hood, will get pictures,

The car was built with streetability in mind first. I have driven the car to the track, run 10.8 @ 132 mph and driven home, that is with only a 1.7 60ft time and coasting the last 100 ft

Turbo System

BG CUSTOM TURBO Custom turbo kit
    Precision Turbo 76mm GTH
    3 1/2 Down pipe
    3 1/2 exhaust (dumps before axle)

Engine
    Dart Race Block
    Scat forged rotating assembly 363 ci
    Trick Flow twisted wedge heads ported and polished
    Trick Flow rocker stud Girdle
    Trick Flow intake (track heat)
    milodon racing pan/pickup
    Custom Grind Cam by Comp Cams
    Billet Timing set
    Much more, Call for more detailed engine build

Transmission
    TKO 600
    SFI QuickTime Bellhousing
    Aluminum Flywheel
    Ram "Power Grip" Heavy Duty Clutch
    Drive shaft loop
    Aluminum driveshaft

Fuel System
    Glenns Pick up tube
    Two external Walbro Pumps
    1/2" and 3/8" push lock hose
    Trick Flow Fuel Rails
    aeromotive fuel reg.
    60 lb Injectors

Rear end/Suspension
    Rear disk brake conversion
    31 spline axles
    31 spline FRPP traction lock
    3:73 gears
    Team Z adjustables uppers (Have Team Z Adjustable lowers and anti-sway bar in garage)
    Hotchkis Lowers control arms

Chassis
    6 pt Chromoly Cage
    Frame connectors
    Battery relocated to trunk
    5 piece harness
    2" cowl hood

Many more upgrades
    Call if Interested or if you have any questions regarding the car. Nick @ 480 452 8400
    The asking price is $16,500 obo.

my main two questions are:

see any red flags?
    is that a fair current market price?

looking for a weekend toy.

Comment

Price is a little high.

Comment

It has a lot of nice stuff on it, but 16k? IDK about all that. It's not THAT fast.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
          Price is a little high.
          yea i was thinking at least 3k high.

Comment

If its clean inside and out I don't see why you couldn't get what you are asking. It has a lot of nice stuff on it and I am sure you have way more than that in it.

Comment

pictures? you can't sell shit without a picture

Comment

Anyone who has turned wrenches one a Mustang knows, you don't start modding to sell the car for a profit! HOWEVER, "Value" is based on how much someone is willing to pay, and in direct proportion to how bad someone needs to sell it. If it's worth $16K to you, then it's worth $16k. Also, he says he has 3yrs to get it sold, so he may be starting high, hopping someone with some cash who use to have to thumb rides in highschool while the cool kid drove by in a 5.0 will pounce on it. If not, he's got time.

My opinion...Engine bay painted and clean, but wasn't smoothed first and over spray on the hinges, so nice...but not a show winning car.
                Red flag = a screen on the turbo? That's a terrible thing to do to the motor and not worth the few extra ponys. IMO. I'm making almost 550 and saw no change in power on the dyno between my 6" K&N filtered and open turbo. If you're gonna drive it on the street, even just weekends, it needs a filter.

I'd ask all the questions. Who did the work on the body, the engine(blue printed?), the turbo kit? Turbo kit components and materials? New trany Has it ever been hit? How much time/miles and what kind of miles on the current parts? How does it shift? Got receipts? Get someone who knows about these cars to go give it a look, make sure it's straight, listen to it run and see how it drives. Then look around to see what similarly equiped cars in similar condition are going for and figure out what it's worth to you.

What ever happens, post up some pics of the car you decide on!

-Jonny
                2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                X