• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWO View Post
    I hope it's that simple

thanks man
    YW.

You know I had to go through all that trouble in my car too. It seemed it was always something. My car spent a few months at HPP trying to figure out an electrical problem an it turned out to be a bad PCM that had a slight crack on the board.
    Thank goodness RED was able to swap out PCM's off of his Cobra to figure out what it was.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

update:

A few weeks ago I put on the new to me Ford intake manifold. At the same time I put on a BBK 75mm throttle body and C&L plenum that I picked up cheap. It didn't seem to make much of a difference, maybe a little but not as much as I had hoped. Also tracked down a brittle/soft/deteriorating hose between the purge solenoid and the evap canister in the passenger fender well. A combination of all those things seems to have taken care of any hesitation I had in low RPMs, and that is a victory in itself.

Last weekend I installed* some long tubes and off-road X. Huge difference over the stock manifolds and factory mid-pipe. Power is there now. It feels pretty good. Still not fast by any means, but I feel like the car has the power that matches the level of mods now.

So now I need a little bit of help. I was unable to get a bolt or two in the head through the header flange(s). It's not a matter of the holes lining up, they line up just fine. I just can't physically reach the holes to bolt the bolts in. They are the top upper bolts in the very back (4 and 8). I also got a nut on 3 but couldn't tighten it. I have a feeling that the motor has to be dropped along with the k-member or the motor has to be lifted out with a hoist. My garage isn't equipped for such a thing. Lastly, I can no longer park in my garage because the mid-pipe to cat-back coupler hits the ground.

I'd like to pay someone to:
      a. put in the rest of the bolts(2) and check torque on all of them
      b. the primaries hit a spot on the frame and the x-pipe hits a spot on the trans crossmember, I'd like that tweaked to not rub
      c. Get the exhaust tucked up under the car a little better
      d. I'm ordering some cats today to weld into the x-pipe, I can't stand the smell and it's a little too loud for me, and my neighbors

if someone could recommend a place that can take care of these things that is somewhat close to Grapevine that would be great. If anyone wants to do this, let me know a cost and PM me or post up.

Thanks,
      Tim

Comment

not in grapevine, but Jerry's on 121 business in lewisville did me solid. really cool guy. will talk your ear off about racing and cars in general. has a love for what he does.

also, glad to hear you are getting the bugs worked out.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Just spoke to Jerry. They don't do Mustang headers. His exact words when I told him that I got all but a few bolts in was, "Good luck! That's why we don't do headers." LOL

He suggested HPP, which is probably how it will end up going.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
            265/295

seriously.

pretty fucking close

Comment

Needs boost. Do it.

Comment

Not mine anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X