Diesel guru's inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel guru's inside

Thinking about when I sell my Mach this summer, if something like this would be a cool project and not too hard to work on. Swapping turbos, upgrading the fuel system and tooling around for a fun street car with a good amount of horsies to squeeze out. Yay or nay?

I dunno about the newer ones but the old ones were absolute dogs. I wouldn't go for it personally. Add in parts are costly outside of warranty and its a no brainier for me
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I'd keep the Mach over that shitbox.

God bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I want something different and something to wrench on as an ongoing project. I'm kinda digging the whole turbodiesel thing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          I want something different and something to wrench on as an ongoing project. I'm kinda digging the whole turbodiesel thing as well.
          I'd run ya in my d-max
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

those w210 turbo diesels are pretty commonly used as taxis in Greece (and all over europe im sure) and they put a fuck ton of miles on them with few issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              those w210 turbo diesels are pretty commonly used as taxis in Greece (and all over europe im sure) and they put a fuck ton of miles on them with few issues.
              Yeah I have been reading up on them for a bit now, they seem to be pretty bullet proof. I also found a few people mounting a turbo/supercharger setup on them as well. Not that I would go that crazy, but some major fab shit.

Comment

Yeah I have been reading up on them for a bit now, they seem to be pretty bullet proof. I also found a few people mounting a turbo/supercharger setup on them as well. Not that I would go that crazy, but some major fab shit.
                My uncle has a w210 E55 with 19XXXX on it and hasnt had to do any major work other than standard wear parts.

Comment

I have always been intrigued by the amount of power you can throw at turbo diesels and having a 4 door sleeper Merc would be cool to take to the track.

Comment

I have always been intrigued by the amount of power you can throw at turbo diesels and having a 4 door sleeper Merc would be cool to take to the track.
                    4bt swap LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X