Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

header questions?(02 gt 4v swap) shorties or long tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header questions?(02 gt 4v swap) shorties or long tubes?

I was thinking of what headers to buy for the 4v. And was wondering if the long tube were worth the headache to put in. Clearance to the trans 3650? Will eat clutch cables? Or should I just get the shorties? What do yall think.

Shorties are worthless....I picked up a set of BBK long tubes when I did a 4V swap. The weren't the easiest to install and you have to drop the passenger header to pull a 3650. Never had an issue with the clutch cable due to the headers. I actually just took them off as I am saving to go with some Kooks. I am going to sell the BBKs if you know anyone who might want to pick some up for a decent price.

All in all, I liked the BBKs and made some decent power with them. They sound better(quieter) than the stock manifolds too.
    01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

I used Bassani mid lengths on my cobra and loved the fact the trans could be pulled without removing the header.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Well I was looking at them.But I love the sound of a long tube header. Sounds clean
        How much are you want to sell them for. I got a guy that I'm going buy some stuff from that has the x pipe and LT'S.

Comment

Working...
        X