Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning

I know im a newb but i like learning. I will need to tune my car after even slight modifications. What do i purchase to fully tune my car? With egt sensors and wideband. I dont want to have to call someone to send me a tune blindly. we have a dyno in the area i can rent.

You'll need to spill some more details about the car. WHat you are tuning can greatly affect what you need to tune it with!

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      You'll need to spill some more details about the car. WHat you are tuning can greatly affect what you need to tune it with!
      It is a 2000 GT. im gonna start light with just some TFS heads, cams, and intake. but eventually it will be a 5.0 stroker with a single turbo setup. the main thing is i am worried about the hassle of finding someone to tune it locally. If i can i would like to do it myself.

Comment

At some point I'd do it on a dyno, at the very least for safe WOT tuning. Many shops will rent the dyno to you and let you do it yourself.

There's a million ways to do what you want.

First things first, I'd get a wideband and whatever you're wanting to tune with. Try to use something that has datalogging ability, or you're chasing your tail.

Comment

ok any specific tool for tuning you would recommend?

Comment

SCT Xcal 3, or more importantly, ask the dyno what software they use
            Scott Ganow
            Lone Star Performance
            16300 Midway Rd
            Addison, TX 75001
            214-630-5006

Comment

It's hard to beat the SCT software for Fords!

Comment

Have fun with that

Its best to have someone professionally tune it then have them give you the file and you can tweak/learn from there.

Comment

Originally posted by tac1987 View Post
                  It is a 2000 GT. im gonna start light with just some TFS heads, cams, and intake. but eventually it will be a 5.0 stroker with a single turbo setup. the main thing is i am worried about the hassle of finding someone to tune it locally. If i can i would like to do it myself.
                  better get that turbo part on soon...HCI 4.6s are worthless
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Here u go might be your calling

EFI Training Class 4/20-4/21 Baton Rouge/New Orleans

or,

Buy MegaSquirt Kits & Assembled Engine Management Systems including MS3-Pro, MS3x, MSPNP, LSX Drop on harnesses, wideband o2 systems, coil & ignition systems, fuel systems, sensors & data-logging.

Comment

Working...
                    X