Any interest in 03 cobra short block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in 03 cobra short block

Has 1 spun rod bearing. I'm going to do a teksid block stoker so have no use for it.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

how much?

Comment

Not sure really. What do you think it's worth?
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
        Not sure really. What do you think it's worth?
        $200 and some skittles...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

id be interested. id do 250 and a bag of skittles. but seriously, im interested
          Originally posted by soap
          i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

I usually see the connecting rods go for ~$300, pistons ~$300, and the crank ~$250.... on other sites but since you asked the question here you'd be lucky to get $250 for all of it.

Personally I would want somewhere around a grand for it

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              I usually see the connecting rods go for ~$300, pistons ~$300, and the crank ~$250.... on other sites but since you asked the question here you'd be lucky to get $250 for all of it.

Personally I would want somewhere around a grand for it
              With a spun bearing?

Pistons are not desirable IMO, 8.5:1 gross.

Rods are good but since it spun a bearing the crank may need some work, it's just an 8 bolt f150 crank.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

200-300 because of the rods. Other then that its not too desirable. IMO

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  With a spun bearing?

Rods are good but since it spun a bearing the crank may need some work, it's just an 8 bolt f150 crank.
                  Uhhhhhhh. You do realize that engine is designed for boost, right?

Comment

With a spun bearing?

I think your a bit outside your knowledge zone here
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

I sold a Teksid long block with 200,000 miles on it a while back for $300. It was out of a Mark VIII and was running very well when the car was parted out. I would think that your Cobra engine would be worth more than the Mark engine.

Comment

It's a gamble any way.you look at it. The cast modular blocks, from what I've found, are pretty well the same whether 03-04 cobra or 2 valve. They are really stout and will handle over 1000 HP with supporting parts. The crank will need to be machined at minimum and could possibly be beyond what would be desirable for boost/high HP numbers and could have possibly been bent when the bearing crapped out. The rod or rods with damaged bearings may not be machinable if it made the journal end out of round (my experience with 1 of my mmr900 series when I spun a bearing. The pistons would be fine as long as the block doesn't need boring or they are damaged in anyway. Great start for a build project or parts no matter how you look at it.

Comment

With a spun bearing?

Put the bottle down.
                          Street car.

Comment

^^^^^^^ He'll understand if he moves over to the boost side of the world with anything running on 93 octane that doesn't have the cylinder head designs like the new coyotes and there programming. 10:1, 18 psi, 93 octane, and pushrod cylinder head tech wouldn't be friendly with any kind of decent timing added in.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                              It's a gamble any way.you look at it. The cast modular blocks, from what I've found, are pretty well the same whether 03-04 cobra or 2 valve. They are really stout and will handle over 1000 HP with supporting parts. The crank will need to be machined at minimum and could possibly be beyond what would be desirable for boost/high HP numbers and could have possibly been bent when the bearing crapped out. The rod or rods with damaged bearings may not be machinable if it made the journal end out of round (my experience with 1 of my mmr900 series when I spun a bearing. The pistons would be fine as long as the block doesn't need boring or they are damaged in anyway. Great start for a build project or parts no matter how you look at it.
                              i think its machinable. there are no deep gouges in it. more like small waves. it really looks like the bearing absorbed most of the damage
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X