Race Suspension ?s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a baseline pro launch 2?

Adjustable shocks on rear, if you're sticking with the stock location stuff just cut a little off the coil for ride height. Front the 14"-175's will work but you really don't need that heavy of a spring.

Dave has everything you need if you're ordering stuff. If you're going coil overs on the rear it gets tricky since you drive it on the street.

Everyone has there own opinion on this subject though. I've seen some of the experts on this forum give good advice but you will not usually get the entire story on a forum.
    903-870-8109

Thank you:
    2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
    Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
    Jimmy Patton for the pit help
    Chris Fowler for the motor work
    TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
    NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
    Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
    Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
    Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Just FYI - my quote above about not using the longer lighter springs is from Dave @ TeamZ and last I heard Wolfe runs like a 300lb 12" spring as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        Just FYI - my quote above about not using the longer lighter springs is from Dave @ TeamZ and last I heard Wolfe runs like a 300lb 12" spring as well.
        Brooks had mentioned using a shorter stiffer spring a while back. That's why I never installed my drag springs.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

In my old coupe I've gone low 1.3 60' several times with stock cut Springs in the back, an airbag, and 4 cyl Springs up front. Stock k member. Lca's and good to go.

I'm not sure if I would recommend a real stiff suspension with as little mods as you have and driving a stick. 4 cyl Springs really helped my weight transfer when i still had a stick. Seems like it would make traction issues.

Probably not the most effective but it was good enough and the price was right!
          Last edited by Slow Five-O; 03-29-2013, 04:13 PM.
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

trz drop spindles, rear 9", ARB and other supporting mods. x275 kingpin
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

It doesn't take much to do what you are trying to do. Launch hard on cheap tubulars, you can do it with stock stuff as long as the bushings are good. Many people have.

Comment

Stock rear springs
                Strange Shocks and struts
                Any tubular lowers with adjustable uppers (you don't make enough power to need anything solid)
                23-26mm rear STOCK sway bar.
                ...and an air bag goes a long way.

Forget the tubular front end for a long time. That's race car junk you don't need.

Comment

Racecraft!
                  One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                    no, from what i have read the stiffer shorter front springs reduce the need for the front end to be limited. the older school method was to put a long light spring in the front then limit it's movement. it seems a lot of guys are now moving to a stiffer shorter spring and not limiting it (at least not as much).

i'm far from a pro, but i've managed to get my turd to do bottom 1.3x's pretty much every time down the track at kdale (which is apparently not the best surface in the world).
                    You need to use your trans brake

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                      Stock rear springs
                      Strange Shocks and struts
                      Any tubular lowers with adjustable uppers (you don't make enough power to need anything solid)
                      23-26mm rear STOCK sway bar.
                      ...and an air bag goes a long way.

Forget the tubular front end for a long time. That's race car junk you don't need.
                      My car has wolfe upper/lowers. strange 10 ways, stock v8 springs and and anti roll bar and my car doesnt hook for shit on DR's and will spin the slicks a little too.

I said all that to ask what's up with the rear sway bar and do you think it could help me ? Mine not on the car.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                        My car has wolfe upper/lowers. strange 10 ways, stock v8 springs and and anti roll bar and my car doesnt hook for shit on DR's and will spin the slicks a little too.

I said all that to ask what's up with the rear sway bar and do you think it could help me ? Mine not on the car.
                        Do a Wolfe rear sway bar.

I would think your issue would be more of a spring rate/travel issue. Would need to get the car scaled to properly access that I guess

Comment

Yes! Wolfe anti roll bar will help for sure.
                          2014 GT
                          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Steve are you running a 26 or 28 inch tire?
                            2014 GT
                            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

28in tire ! Grubbs scaled the car a year or two ago. It has a wolfe anti roll bar installed. I was asking about the stock sway bar that bolts to the bottom of the rear end, which is what I thought Clifton was talking about.

Up front is a QA1 kmember, 150/14 springs on 90/10s

LF 849 RF 870
                              LR 632 RR 624

total 2975

cross 1502 50.4%
                              left 1480 49.7
                              rear 1255 42.1

I dont know what that shit means in relationship to how it should be setup. They set it at 6 degrees of pinion angle measured from the flat on the rear end cover.
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                              11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I dont know what that shit means in relationship to how it should be setup. They set it at 6 degrees of pinion angle measured from the flat on the rear end cover.
                                For pinion angle you'll want to subtract the angle of the drive shaft from the pinion flange angle. (i think i said that right)

With solid stuff in the back you should be around - 1 1/2.
                                2014 GT
                                2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                                X