No announcement yet.

Which gear ratio to run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine is going to be gt40p heads, b303 cam, with efi, mostly stock otherwise. It is unreal how much parts are for this rear end. 9" is cheaper, I am sure it is because the 8" is not as popular to use.

CN

Comment

Can you swap in a 8.8 or 9"? It's going to get expensive to upgrade an 8".

What's this for?

Comment

1951 ford, this is a bolt in swap. The maverick rear is the narrowest stock rear made.

CN

Comment

I think I still have an 8" center section with a 3.55 ratio. It did whine some when I used it for a few months. I used it while was in the process of building another with steeper gears and a locker. If you are interested let me know. I also have a 9" housing for 65-66 Mustang and a core center section I dont need. It might be narrow enough for your application.

Comment

You're right, it's cheaper to swap in a 9"......or an 8.8 from an explorer. I spent over a grand rebuilding my 8", adding 3.55 and trac-loc.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              I think I still have an 8" center section with a 3.55 ratio. It did whine some when I used it for a few months. I used it while was in the process of building another with steeper gears and a locker. If you are interested let me know. I also have a 9" housing for 65-66 Mustang and a core center section I dont need. It might be narrow enough for your application.
              That's a rare piece, right there. It only came in Hi-Po K-code cars. That would be the way to go.

Comment

Working...
              X