Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Mustang GT rated Top 10 by Car and Driver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Mustang GT rated Top 10 by Car and Driver.

2011 Ford Mustang GT

Ponyboy, going gold.

2011 Ford Mustang GTYou might wonder why we've left the Mustang GT's equine siblings to snort in the paddock. It's simple: The GT is the ideal blend of performance and value, serving up brutal muscle, daily usability, and the agility of an honest-to-Edsel sports coupe at an eminently fair $30,495. The V-6 model is less expensive, but it cedes more than 100 horsepower to the GT and lacks the V-8's final measure of polish (the six goes gritty at high rpm, for example). The Shelby GT500 betters the GT's 0.94 g of grip, 153-foot 70-to-zero braking distance, and 4.6-second zero-to-60 sprint, but those bragging rights cost an extra 19 grand -- a nicely optioned five-door Fiesta, or just $4000 shy of a V-6 Stang -- and it isn't as livable besides. Yes, the Mustang's interior still could use better materials, but the drive is the thing. From the how-the-hell'd-they-do-that? taming of the live rear axle to the tactile steering to the crisp six-speed manual, the 2011 GT is, save for the GT supercar, perhaps the most gratifying Ford ever made. But even better than the chassis is the five-point-oh! V-8 thundering away underhood: It's a soulful marvel, smooth in its power delivery and mellifluous in its sound. Where the V-6 and GT500 are good -- make that really good -- the Mustang GT is greatness at a great price, and that's why it alone grabs the trophy.
    2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
    99 Trans Am
    69 Camaro SS 350/350

When you taking yours to the track? Would be cool to see you and manny line up

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
      When you taking yours to the track? Would be cool to see you and manny line up
      I'd like to take it to Denton or somewhere close. Next time ya'll take it out let me know I'll roll out on street tires, lol.
      2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
      99 Trans Am
      69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Working...
      X