question about my cutoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about my cutoffs

i have cutoffs. they are not turned down if that matters. my tail pipes had to be removed to fit my panhard bar. the local pep boys inspector said that the exhaust has to clear the entire car. i know some inspectors understand that it just has to clear the cabin. the problem is finding one...

i'm not asking for a hookup. does anyone know an inspector that understands this that i can take my car to? i'm in north richland hills.

thanks!

As in shorts??

God bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      As in shorts??

God bless.
      yes. have you ever seen tobias from arrested development (the never nude)?

Comment

The inspector was correct. The exception to that rule involves trucks without bed covers or camper shells.
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

go somewhere else. they never cared on my car and it had the same thing.

Comment

get it registered in arlen.

Comment

Go towards the outer edges of DFW. I'm not sure on the laws, but if you are, just print out the rules and go argue. I can understand some shop not passing a trying that the rules aren't 100% clear on. Fines and bs are ridiculous with DPS.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I've been to shops that passed my headers with bullets welded on and nothing else, then I've been to shops that think you have to have a tail pipe past the back bumper. I would just check out some other shops and ask their dudes if they are okay with an exhaust just past the cabin.

Comment

The inspector is correct as in you have to have tailpipes ... Having said that just go somewhere else like has already been said....

Comment

How old is the car? I registered mine as an antique to avoid shit like this. :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

I had a turn down on my truck and it passed fine.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Exhaust must exit outside the passenger compartment and the trunk/hatch is considered part of the passenger compartment. The bed on pickups is not considered a passenger compartment unless it has a camper shell on it.

Comment

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            Damnit, beat me to it.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It's a turndown without actually turning or pointing down.

Comment

Working...
                              X