Truck tool box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck tool box

Can anyone recommend a good quality cross mount tool box? Are the Lowes/Home Depot-Kobalt/Tradesman brands worth a shit, or should I get a more expensive Weatherguard? Thanks.

I had one of the cheaper lowe's diamond plate boxes on one of my trucks. My only complaint was one of the locks got sticky. If you're looking for something truly secure, i'd stray from these but to use as a normal toolbox for shit you dont want in the cab, i say go for it.

Comment

Weatherguard if abused.

Also had decent luck with delta.

Comment

Weatherguard is worth the money IMO
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
          I had one of the cheaper lowe's diamond plate boxes on one of my trucks. My only complaint was one of the locks got sticky. If you're looking for something truly secure, i'd stray from these but to use as a normal toolbox for shit you dont want in the cab, i say go for it.
          Yeah really this is all I need it for is storage and tools/tie-downs, etc. It's not a work truck so it wont see much abuse. Thanks!

Comment

Then any of the 199.00 and under box's will work for you. Thats all mine are used for, might get opened once a week, and other times multiple times a day.

Comment

Too bad you're not local anymore. My dad has a new "scratch and dent" United Welded Service box he doesn't need.

Comment

Well thanks for the consideration! I guess I will just get a Kobalt or equivalent. Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

Jobmaster chest.
                  ./ ____ _ _\.
                  (]]]_ o _[[[)
                  \o_FORD_o/
                  |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Working...
                  X