Cummins Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins Guys

I know there is atleast one on here I always see him talking about them.

My dad just got an '11 cummins
    Truck is nice as can be... Sorry ford guys it makes his old 01 f250 seem like junk.

But I usually keep track of the family maintance on the vechicles so... Is there a website I can keep track of all of it or any kind of good info to read up on.

Truck is freaking great, remote start, touch screen radio, trailer sensors or something, 4wd, Great truck.
    Just new to me.

And I do have a couple questions that will probably be dumb. But hey Id rather ask a dumb questioin than give a dumb answer.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I think its so nice Im going to post pictures of it once I get it cleaned up... But my dad actually uses his at job sites, so the minute he got it it was dirty lol...

That reminds me... can a 4X4 cummins fit through the standard car wash??? lol. Those new ones? anyone know? I know stupid questions but never hurts to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoknows4077 View Post
      I think its so nice Im going to post pictures of it once I get it cleaned up... But my dad actually uses his at job sites, so the minute he got it it was dirty lol...

That reminds me... can a 4X4 cummins fit through the standard car wash??? lol. Those new ones? anyone know? I know stupid questions but never hurts to ask.
      My .02 is to delete that sob and get a tuner. Removing the dpf and egr will net big mpg gains and greatly extend turbo life. Work that pig hard. That's what its made for and it'll help keep the turbo and passages clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

deleted my 08 6.7 and with the Smarty Jr on level 2, saw a 3mpg gain around town instantly. It does better than my old 07 escalade by 5mpg city and is even better than our 2010 Ram 1500 at both city and highway.

Love it so much we are probably going to get rid of the 2010 and find another 04 to 09 Dually for trailer upgrade later....that and not losing money on a truck that just sits all the time right now.

Comment

Look this is my dads truck... I just want to find maintance schedules and what not. a good site to ask questions if something were to go wrong. if you ask me this truck is my moms car on 4X4 its pretty new to me. lots of options. I learn they listen.

Comment

Maint schedules are in the owner's manual
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

What cooter said and don't skimp on filters.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                Maint schedules are in the owner's manual
                that did not come with it... im sure i could find one online. but im talking about the things they dont say... his f250 would eat air filters so I know that much. but this new of big truck is all new to me. sorry for being a novice gotta learn at some time.

Thanks cooter you were the guy I could not rembember your screen name I always thought of when it came to cummins anything non gas.

Comment

I know there is atleast one on here I always see him talking about them.

My dad just got an '11 cummins
                  Truck is nice as can be... Sorry ford guys it makes his old 01 f250 seem like junk.

But I usually keep track of the family maintance on the vechicles so... Is there a website I can keep track of all of it or any kind of good info to read up on.

Truck is freaking great, remote start, touch screen radio, trailer sensors or something, 4wd, Great truck.
                  Just new to me.

And I do have a couple questions that will probably be dumb. But hey Id rather ask a dumb questioin than give a dumb answer.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
                  What does any of that have to do with a Cummins specific question?
                  And trust me, it's still a dodge.

Cummins or not, the engine size doesn't matter.

Comment

that did not come with it... im sure i could find one online. but im talking about the things they dont say... his f250 would eat air filters so I know that much. but this new of big truck is all new to me. sorry for being a novice gotta learn at some time.

Thanks cooter you were the guy I could not rembember your screen name I always thought of when it came to cummins anything non gas.
                    Call the dealer, get the book from them, it should be in the truck - it contains all service intervals.

Comment

I will call the dealer. see what they can do... rather a dodge than a ford. we have had nothing but trouble with our f250s. all have blown trannys. my dads old truck is like a old grandpa he knows the ropes but we have put about 10 grand in him. These trucks get used towing every day. the ford trans suck. at least from 01/02 I love my dads truck its a beast cant hear shit when your driving its nice lol.... all you hear is motor and turbo... his new DODGE you do not hear any of that... on the highway he told me to see how it goes... i hit 90 he said dont be a pussy... i said how fast do you want me to go... im at 90 he said "oh" slow down.

Comment

I loved ford diesels before but after getting in this dodge... ford needs to step its game up. Last cummins i was in was a beast... this one is better.

Comment

I loved ford diesels before but after getting in this dodge... ford needs to step its game up. Last cummins i was in was a beast... this one is better.
                          6.4 fords can be beast pretty easily... The 6.0 aftermarket is finally catching up and guys are making some good power out of them now also.
                          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I will call the dealer. see what they can do... rather a dodge than a ford. we have had nothing but trouble with our f250s. all have blown trannys. my dads old truck is like a old grandpa he knows the ropes but we have put about 10 grand in him. These trucks get used towing every day. the ford trans suck. at least from 01/02 I love my dads truck its a beast cant hear shit when your driving its nice lol.... all you hear is motor and turbo... his new DODGE you do not hear any of that... on the highway he told me to see how it goes... i hit 90 he said dont be a pussy... i said how fast do you want me to go... im at 90 he said "oh" slow down.
                            Your post shows your lack of knowledge and experience with both trucks. I've logged over a million miles in Dodges, I won't have another one. Their quality is shit, their transmissions are shit, their electronics are shit, the ONLY thing worth a fuck on a Dodge is the one part that ISN'T build by Dodge. Ford build quality is light years ahead of Dodge, their transmissions are night and day difference.

The 01 truck was essentially designed in the mid 90's, so the comparison isn't close. Drive a new Ford and get back to me.

My experience is after towing, heavy, for the lives of the vehicles, and experiencing all the nuances each has to offer.

Comment

Seriously? Have you driven a new 6.7 stroke or ridden in a tuned 6.4? Lol

I don't think there's a nicer truck made when it comes to a new loaded 6.7 SD

Sent from my not soo far away Galaxy...
                              1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
                              2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
                              2000 F250 4x4 PSD
                              2012 Ford Exploder
                              www.fquick.com/payne5757
                              www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Working...
                              X