Any 80's GMC truck guys here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 80's GMC truck guys here

I recently picked up a project truck and need a bit of help.

Came as follows
    rebuilt 350 with hooker headers, weland intake, holy double pumper carb
    rebuilt torque flight trans

Here is my problem (couple actually) when they dropped in the engine and trans they did not put the A/C back in so I have a bunch of wires, tubes and vacuum lines hanging in the engine compartment. Also when I bought it the guy told me he had broke the oil sending unit off in the manifold, had to easy out the sending unit, shorten and re-install it. I know where the oil sending unit is and have no problem buying a new one but would lke someone that knows more about it than me to look and tell me that is all that needs to be done. Oil is leaking around the sending unit and blowing all over the place.

The tuck currently runs and drives most of what it needs is body and interior work but I need to have this stuff ID'd so I know what I'm fixing

A torqueflite? Depending on the application the sending unit can either go to the back of the block near the driver's side head or near the oil filter pad. There are oil galley ports in both locations on a normal SBC. You probably just need a new sending unit with the thread sealer on it.

As for the AC you should have two lines to the evaporator core and two to the heater core coming out of the passenger side of the firewall. There should only be a couple of wires for the A/C, one to the compressor clutch and the other to a low pressure cutoff switch. Again though this is depending on the application, it might also have a high pressure switch on the compressor.

Comment

Working...
    X