99 door ajar problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 door ajar problem

I just bought a 99 7.3 f-350 and have some questions. The first one is 3 of the door lock actuators are not working correctly I here them trying though, are the door lock actuators that crappy on these where 3 would be out also the outside key lock is a bitch to turn on both sides, the 2nd is the door ajar light stays on. I think I tracked it to the passenger rear. The black wire with white should be positive at all times but its not. All the other doors have positive on the black and white wire. I tracked it all the way to the dash but still cannot find the problem. I dont care if I kill that specific door but I would like for the others to work. I already did the wd-40 trick and it did not help. Thanks

alot of the 99 and up trucks and excursion are notorious for bad door lock actuators...yes all three can go out at the same time..ive had an ex at the shop have one after another go bad..
    as for not being able to lock and unlock with the key is also due to the actuators being stuck...easiest thing is to replace them with the 'revised' versions..

Comment

Working...
    X