Rear Axle help - 68 mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle help - 68 mustang

I am getting a serious growl in the rear axle of my 68 mustang. It is a six cyl with a 7.5 axle. I am pretty sure it has never serviced other than wheel bearing and new grease when I got the car. Where is a good place to get it rebuilt? Are there any newer axles that will work without a lot of cutting and chopping. (don't have a welder) I am going to keep the six, so not looking for a lot of horsepower.

Originally posted by S_K View Post
    I am getting a serious growl in the rear axle of my 68 mustang. It is a six cyl with a 7.5 axle. I am pretty sure it has never serviced other than wheel bearing and new grease when I got the car. Where is a good place to get it rebuilt? Are there any newer axles that will work without a lot of cutting and chopping. (don't have a welder) I am going to keep the six, so not looking for a lot of horsepower.
    pm greenbullit

Comment

iirc, the fox width rear is the same as yours.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

i have a 68 rear end here but it is a five lug.i do not think the owner wants much for it, but as i said it is a v8 rear end

Comment

Originally posted by 69gto View Post
          i have a 68 rear end here but it is a five lug.i do not think the owner wants much for it, but as i said it is a v8 rear end
          Now would be a good time to upgrade to 5 lug. I might have an extra set of v8 hub/spindles.

Comment

Working...
          X